This bike one huge headache

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM

ManiacMike22 is a decent person
This bike one huge headache

Alright so i have a 2000 COW zxr-1000 the naked street bike style. Me and my cuzin have been working on this bike that we got for $1500. and its turning in to a huge headache. when we first got the bike the guy said that we would have to put new plugs and possiblie new plug wires pluse a new battery and back tire. So we thought it was a steal right WRONG! when we we're working on the bike it would hardly ever rev. past 3 grand and if it got past that then it would bog out at 6 grand so we sprayed some carb cleaner in to the carbs from the air box and we're running carb cleaner in the tank cuz the guy said it sat for close to a year. we'll we were lucky to keep good plugs for more than ten min and then they usually foul out. till my cuzin put some new plugs in the bike and took it down the road to see how she would run. He said it ran like a dream no bogging at all on the way out but when he turned around to come back 1/4 mile down the road something let go bad. so we tore off the top end of the bike and everything looks good exept the timing and so i took off the bottom cover to the timing chain and all the oil came out but felt and smells like sraight gas thats colored like oil and mow the bike sits in the garge and we're guessing the timings off? i hope someone could shead some light on this for us like is it worth saving? is it a shop job or can we do it? and how much do you think its going to cost? and are there any good priced and work shops in north east ohio?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: This bike one huge headache

first thing I would have done........ gone through the carbs..... carb cleaner in the tank doesnt fix anything.... thats some hillbilly **** right there!