extended clutch arm problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
extended clutch arm problem

so i (or i mean OMR) did the clutch arm mod, and now my clutch is harder then before to pull, i cannot figure it out, me and roger were on the phone last night forever trying to figure it out, my cables are the same length, everything is how it should be, but its still hard as hell, and im not by ANY means doubting rogers intelligence because he is a brilliant guy, but does anyone have any idea what it could be?

my brother told me, when the clutch arm was out but bike was in neutral, that he started the bike. would this have made anything out of align?? or is just something out of the ordinary not right?
i put the clutch arm back in right, i mean everything is set up how it SHOULD be, im not a dumbass, and i mean me and roger on the phone last night walked step by step through the whole process and mine is exactly like his. so if anyone has any idea what it could be?

i took it out for a spin and the clutch isnt burning, i can still pull it in its just even harder then before, if i cant figure it out, and i mean if i took it to a shop i doubt they could either
Old 04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: extended clutch arm problem

Did you bend the cable stay that mounts to the engine so it is directing the cabe in the right direction? Could be causing the cable to bind up.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:58 PM

no i didnt bend it but the cable is pointing in the right direction, its not binded and its not rubbing on the outside of the cable case/sheath or whatever you would call it
Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Afflicted
no i didnt bend it but the cable is pointing in the right direction, its not binded and its not rubbing on the outside of the cable case/sheath or whatever you would call it
Take off the clutch cover and reinstall it again then. Something ain't right. Did you put the cable on the difficult setting on the lever when you reinstalld it?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:23 PM

just take the cover off then put it back on?

i have stock cllutch lever and perch so there is no settings lol

and i have the adjuster on the perch all the way in, and the adjuster at the clutch cover adjusted all the way loose too