Please Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM

alphawolf is a decent person
Question Please Help!!!!!!

i recently bought a 2001 zx6r from some kid. he had btryed to build it for stunting, he had some nasty accel gears on it, it topped the bike out at one twenty. im trying to make the bike track worthy so i put the stock ones back on. now im having a problem of when i hit about 120mph the front end of the bike dives and looses all power and begins to slow down. it will continue to do this from about ten thousand rpms in forth till you let off the throttle and get back into it, even then it still fights you to hit those high speeds. i have put new ngk iridium plugs in, cleaned the carbs, put in a k&n filter(single element) , and it has a (bcc) shorty muffler. when i hadd the carbs apart i relized the jets were all off he had 118 were 125 wher needed and 125 were 157.5 wher needed so i rejetted the bike and now it does it in any gear around 11 thousand rpms. please help. dont be afraid to get technical with responses i am a toyot dealer tech so get in depth if needed.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Please Help!!!!!!

there is a special air hose that runs to the front of the bike. it needs to be hooked up to the ram air at the apropiat spots. goto www.bikebandit.com and look up air intake microfiche
Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 PM

i have that hooked
Old 12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

float level correct ? any pinched fuel lines ? fuel pump ok ? petcock clear ? ram air tubes installed ?

does it have a stunt dented tank on it because some times water can get in the cap on a dented tank
Old 12-24-2008, 03:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and make sure the charging system is working , low voltage will usually cause high rpm problems
Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 PM

Kartel is an unknown quantity at this point

Had it got any power commander fitted before? If it is happening on any gear at least it makes more sense than it happening only in fourth... Sometimes exhaust mods can affect a lot. Are you sure the carbs are balanced and adjusted properly?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 AM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

omr soundz on the money

deff seems like ur using up the gas in the bowl, go even higher wit the jetting since u have K&N air filter ur leaning her out.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 AM

the pecock is clear,the floats are set right with a recent carb clean,no rust or water in tank,the tank isnt dented,the ram air is clear and hooked up, the pump float is actually high and its running perfect 14.7 to 1 air fuel ratio right on stoiciometric with no pinched lines,the carbs just got sinked and ther is no or never has been a power commander(its carberated you cant put one on carbs). however when i bought the bike the batt was dead and woundnt take a charge for a while then i managed to get charged but its fully charged now could that still do it.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:07 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

is it the governor?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:58 PM

nope cause sometimes it doesnt do it and it starts at 6 grand. the bike red lines at 14750rpms
Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Kartel is an unknown quantity at this point

And everything O.K. with the valves (timing, clearance, springs...)?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM

just did valve clearance 60 miles ago(for the record i am a a.s.e. certified technician so any ideas just throw my way ive done alot and know how to do alot more and am not afraid to tear it if nesacary)compresion is all good as well with only a max of 6 p.s.i. diff from lowest to highist cylinder