Power Commanders & Tuning On Stuntbikes - 636 Related

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Power Commanders & Tuning On Stuntbikes - 636 Related

Originally Posted by marcus_136
Nah but seriously. I´ve been testing a couple of different 636 and they all seems to run different. One I´ve tested pulled great from 3000rpm or something like that, but under 3000 it didnt want to idle up.
And one I tried was bogging a little after it got hot and I noticed my has a slight bog as well when it is totally warmed up. I always tought it was cause the bikes didnt have their stock pipes on without tuning it correctly with a pc3.

The friend that had the 636 that bogged some after it got hot took a sponge (or whatever it is called, yellow thing you use when you wash something) and putted it into the frame where the airbox is connected to make the bike get less air and that made the bike run better, but not 100%.
HMMMM. interesting.
we know the bike was running lean and my bike does the exact thing you are talking about except for mine isnt pulling itself above 2000 rpm when idled at 4k. plus something else was wrong too cause when i would start working the clutch in circles it would get really twitchy/ boggy / i dont know what the ****. i am getting rid of the bike and gonna buy a minty 636 and ride it before i buy it to make sure its the one i want, thanks for the help
Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

I had same problem when i put on my yosh slip on. Removing the servo motor completely got rid of stutter...but FI light stays on. O well. I don't know how or why but removing that did it for me.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 AM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

Evil gremlin found, beaten, and finally destroyed.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:24 AM

Tomi_k is an unknown quantity at this point

How is it going with your bikes. Have you found a solution yet.

My 636 does the same thing. It's hard to do nohanders, after braking once the idle just won't come high up anymore. it'll stay in about 1000-1500 and with a little time or a twist of wrist it'll come back to what you have adjusted before on the idle screw.

i'll try that sponge thing, it sounds perfect fix.

I'm thinking of buying the power commander.

and i haven't done any KLEEN mod's do you think it helps or not.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM

drewc87 is an unknown quantity at this point

idk if this helps in anyway, but my 05 has a bogging problem at low rpms. the bike is completely stock with a yosh slip on. i was thinking about getting a power commander, but from what i have read there not adjustable in the lower rpms?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tomi_k
How is it going with your bikes. Have you found a solution yet.

My 636 does the same thing. It's hard to do nohanders, after braking once the idle just won't come high up anymore. it'll stay in about 1000-1500 and with a little time or a twist of wrist it'll come back to what you have adjusted before on the idle screw.

i'll try that sponge thing, it sounds perfect fix.

I'm thinking of buying the power commander.

and i haven't done any KLEEN mod's do you think it helps or not.
my problem was a weak ground with the ground wire that goes on top of the valve cover. my valve cover was powdercoated....therefore it wasnt getting the ground it needed