Weird 954 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 04:30 AM

ReSpECT is a decent person
Weird 954 problem

Bike has been running perfect. Yesterday, didnt hear the fuel pump kick on. Tried several times and still no go. So i start troubleshooting........Bank angle sensor, i unplugged and jumped the 2 outer wires (just to eliminate the BAS as a potential problem), still no FP prime.....Ok, keeping the BAS bypassed from here on.....Next up, i unplugged the FP at the plug and just hardwired it to my battery. FP cuts on perfect, still bike does not crank (turns over, but no crank)....Ok now i break out the voltage meter....Check voltage at the BAS plug, and the voltage is perfect.....Check voltage at the fuel pump plug and there is NO voltage........Any ideas as to why there is no voltage at the plug?...Also, any ideas as to why it doesnt crank even with the FP hard wired to the battery..........Bike was running perfect, this just happened after i killed it....=-)
Old 03-23-2008, 05:26 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Weird 954 problem

check your fuses and your safety switches like the kickstand switch and the one on your clutch if that doesn't do it there is a resistor in your ignition switch that goes bad on hondas quite often so if you have a freind with a honda plug in his ignition to see if thats it ..

a 600rr ignition will work and i think an f4i ignition will to
Old 03-23-2008, 05:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the resistor is an anti theft device that makes it hard to hot wire the bike so if it's bad you wont get any spark or any fuel pump power
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
the resistor is an anti theft device that makes it hard to hot wire the bike so if it's bad you wont get any spark or any fuel pump power
THis happened to mine...not a hard fix!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

check pink wire at the ignition, should be between 7-9volts. The computer expects 7-9 volt signal from this wire, it tells the computer it is not being hardwired and is safe to start. if it doesnt get that voltage, it will not send power to the fuel pump.