F4I Common Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point
F4I Common Problem?

my buddy has an 02 f4i we've been working on all winter and we just tried to get it running and it wont run, did the tip sensor mod, spliced green and red wires together, soldered them on the main harness. left the white one hanging as i read to do. checked all connectors and all is good, no spark and no fuel pump priming. i found a bunch of threads about the same problem but noone states an answer to it. what can be the problem here and where should we test first?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person
Re: F4I Common Problem?

battery. it may not be dead, but it may not have enough juice to kick on the fuel pump
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

did you have the battery disconnected when you did this? NO you didnt, so check your fuses buddy done deal!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:55 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

check all your safety switches like kick stand and clutch ..

there is a resister in the ignition switch that goes bad quite often on the f4i ..

i don't know about the color of the tip over wires but it's the two out side wires put together and the middle one left hanging..
Old 03-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
battery. it may not be dead, but it may not have enough juice to kick on the fuel pump

yeah i thought about that and its had a charger on it for a while and i even put it on boost and still nothing.

i did check all the fuses thats pretty much the first thing you check when having an electrical problem.

if the resistor was bad would the gauges and whatnot still do the original check when you turn the key on? cuz the gauges sem to be working fine just nothing just no spark or prime on fuel pump.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:58 PM

the bike is on my bike lift with kickstand up and its in neutral as well. the clutch switches have been disconected and spliced together to bypass the switch
Old 03-22-2008, 04:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

can you plug in some one elses ignition switch for a test
Old 03-22-2008, 05:54 PM

the ignition meaning the actual key assembly? we dont know anyone else around who has an F4I thats not ab an hour away so not really.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Stubbz
the ignition meaning the actual key assembly? we dont know anyone else around who has an F4I thats not ab an hour away so not really.
yes and i think most fuel injected hondas around the same year will plug right in and work...i know we hooked up a 954 ignition to an 03 600rr to test and it plugged right in
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

put it in neutral HAHAHAHA what if???? I've done it
Old 03-22-2008, 09:22 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

awe ****.....once again i need to read the entire thread before i post
Old 03-23-2008, 12:34 PM

haha.

OMR i'll see what i can do and maybe get a different ignition and try it, its got me stumped