The all you need for repairing your stunt bike thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 AM

westy23 is a decent person
The all you need for repairing your stunt bike thread.

Ok i've started this post so people can help and post link's to help people repair there damage from there drop's when stunting.
Anyone want's to add anything they feel is off use to other stunter's or bike rider's in general please do .

First of i'd say fairing repair is top of the list for those of us with faired bike's.
http://www.rubbermat.myby.co.uk/fair...ingRepair.html
Another cheap way is to just get some stranded fibreglass sheet then whack on some resin let it cure and it's solid again.
Paintwork......
The way i spray is pretty simple most of my time is spent prepping this is the most important part of the job in hand as any imperfection's later on will show up when you spray it make sure everything is smooth and all level.
base.........
If your spraying the old colour you can get away with scoring up the orignal paint work so the new paint has something to take to our you will find it will flake off.
Primer......
This is very important you need to make sure you use the correct colour for the final colour i was spraying azure blue on my old car so had to use a white primer leave it to dry and rub down any imperfection's with a light grade of wet and dry.
Also before i start with the spraying if you want to do your bike with fancy little graphic's or thing's like 2 tone paint job's just mask of the section you want to spray another colour then etc you can use this for flame's etc etc trust it work's welljust make some template's and tape them on.
First coat of paint do it nice and fine just enough to cover it let it dry rub out any imperfection's with a fine grade paper again.
Another coat now get the whole thing getting a nice look let this dry it should now be pretty good i tend to do 3 coat's to get a nice equal spray job no patch's or lighter bit's now let dry at home when i'm spraying i just whack my fairing bumper's whatever i'm spraying in a room with a heater on you don't want to spray in the cold trust me you get's drip's and run's all over it's messy.
Finally i laquar it to give it a shine depending on the colour .
Also i forgot to say read the can or keep the spray gun away do not spray to close and keep your movement's constant i'll find some guide's.
Another thing if your spray mettalic read up on it ..........
THIS IS ONLY HOW I SPRAY AND IS NOT GOSPEL ITS QUICK CHEAP AND DIY IM NOT A PRO.
http://forums.sv650.org/archive/index.php/t-58690.html
Also you may need to do more layer's to get a good job unless youve done it a few time's

The rest unless you weild ain't really worth explaining i get someone to do all my weilding as mine ain't strong enough yet
Anyone wanting to add stuff please do this ain't a post for chatting it's just to give people repair advice for diyers
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: The all you need for repairing your stunt bike thread.

1st
Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by DICK-HEAD
1st
USPS packing tape?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 AM

westy23 is a decent person

Hahaha i forgot about the gaffa tape.
Cheer's for that