help identifiing part

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM

kostat26 is a decent person
help identifiing part

I found this piece broken under the tank... it was bolted on the inside side of the frame it had 2 little break looking cables attached to it... going down but they where ripped so i coulndt figure out where they came from. the bike is an 02 gsxr 1000....so what is this piece? bike still runs and rides fine.. any help is apreciated

Old 03-19-2008, 01:51 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help identifiing part

I believe that's a servo that operates a valve in the exhaust to make the exhaust have more back pressure at slower speeds and less back pressure at higher speeds, but I'm sure a more expert answer will follow soon...
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yep, he's right
Old 03-19-2008, 02:29 PM

kostat26 is a decent person

thanks guys i apreciate it! also a couple more questions do the wires attach to the exhaust?. my exhaust was ripped out so im guessing the wires ripped and broke the servo. i jsut ordered a new exhaust from ebay. is a new servo gonna come with the wires to attach to the exhuast or any sensors? or is it wireless? i ddint see a spot on the exhaust for the cables ot attach... any suggestions on what i need to order and price range?