f4i not getting fuel !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:26 PM

gixxergville is a decent person
f4i not getting fuel !!!!

okay i have searched for 2 hours on this and found some things i didnt know but here is the problem. the bike cranks but no gas. the fuel pump does not prime when i turn it on and i am getting no power to the plug for the fuel pump. the bike started fine a month ago then i took the tank off and had it painted now no fuel. any advice...
Old 03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: f4i not getting fuel !!!!

did you plug in the fuel pump?.....it happens.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

no seriously....it HAPPENS!! I had the same problem to the point where I bought a new pump and tore the ****** thing all apart.....turned out my buddy hooked the fuel pump to the speedometer sending units plug (or some **** like that) and the plugs are exactly the same!! MAKE SURE you have it plugged into the right place!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reckless01
turned out my buddy hooked the fuel pump to the speedometer sending units plug (or some **** like that) and the plugs are exactly the same!! MAKE SURE you have it plugged into the right place!
I did that with my ignition & on/off switch
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Yea...I got that!

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I did that with my ignition & on/off switch
Dude that sucks!! I guess the good thing is that we can now share our several hour long learning experience with others huh?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Dude that sucks!! I guess the good thing is that we can now share our several hour long learning experience with others huh?
Yea, i was about to light my bike on fire
Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Master of The Catapault!

Fuzzy Nutz is a decent person

Originally Posted by gixxergville
okay i have searched for 2 hours on this and found some things i didnt know but here is the problem. the bike cranks but no gas. the fuel pump does not prime when i turn it on and i am getting no power to the plug for the fuel pump. the bike started fine a month ago then i took the tank off and had it painted now no fuel. any advice...
not trying to knock you... but check to make sure it's plugged in ( i know that was said already)... check fuse... is your kill switch off???
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Yea...I got that!

Also tip over sensor! If its not plugged in or jumped it won't prime. But seriously check your connections!

Sketchy, I felt your pain bro!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

check fuses and that its not grounding out....

i had that problem earlier today
Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 PM

R*skeered*R is a decent person

would this be the same on my 600rr cause seriously it's driving me insane we just done the frame swap and now it don't start no fuel pump

no seriously....it HAPPENS!! I had the same problem to the point where I bought a new pump and tore the ****** thing all apart.....turned out my buddy hooked the fuel pump to the speedometer sending units plug (or some **** like that) and the plugs are exactly the same!! MAKE SURE you st done the frame swap have it plugged into the right place!