F4i idle went crazzy after clean air mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM

MIKE C is a decent person
Re: F4i idle went crazzy after clean air mod?

yeah i did all that. i actually used this diagram and the one from OMR. im goin to take it to a friends shop and and do a vac test .ill let cha know what i came up with (thanks FOR THE HELP)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i forgot to ask the obvious question,do you have the second idle cable done or are you turning up your idle with the stock one because the stock one just richens the mixture it doesn't really open the throttle bodies...
Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 PM

no, do i need the second idle done and witch one should i use? i have the stock idle screw almost all the way out? but it sits around 4k
Old 03-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MIKE C
no, do i need the second idle done and witch one should i use? i have the stock idle screw almost all the way out? but it sits around 4k
4k almost all the way out?!

You definietly have problems if your idle screw is out and still getting 4k idle
Old 03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

this is probably your whole problem

set the stock cable at 1100 rpms and get another idle cable [98 900rr i think is what most people use]put it where your stock idle set screw is [in between the two center throttle bodies] and use that to turn up your idle ........this will probably fix all your pronlems
Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM

thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
4k almost all the way out?!

You definietly have problems if your idle screw is out and still getting 4k idle
tell me about it im goin to try the second idle screw and see if that works?:YEAH
Old 03-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
this is probably your whole problem

set the stock cable at 1100 rpms and get another idle cable [98 900rr i think is what most people use]put it where your stock idle set screw is [in between the two center throttle bodies] and use that to turn up your idle ........this will probably fix all your pronlems
**** YEAH BRO iT was the problem!!!:YEAH thanks again OMR
Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
also known as OMR

**** YEAH BRO iT was the problem!!!:YEAH thanks again OMR
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM

Silver Rider is a decent person

I just love it when people help eachother like that.
You guys are the best . . .

I was going to do the clean air mod these days but now I see that I have to do also the second idle cable mod to make the bike run ok. That's fucked up, I have to find another cable.
So everybody who has the clean air mod also has the second idle cable mod done?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

omr is the man
:YEAH
Old 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Silver Rider
I just love it when people help eachother like that.
You guys are the best . . .

I was going to do the clean air mod these days but now I see that I have to do also the second idle cable mod to make the bike run ok. That's fucked up, I have to find another cable.
So everybody who has the clean air mod also has the second idle cable mod done?
ANYONE that does idle tricks, must do the idle mod..

And anyone that wants a lil more low end torque, and no chance of locking your motor up and getting stuck, does the clean air mod.

The idle mod IMO is a MUST, whereas the clean air mod you can get by without..

but might as well do both, to avoid headaches later.. Plus they are both in the same spot, so just pop the tank/airbox, and install both and be done :YEAH
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 PM

njstunter201 is an unknown quantity at this point

the air box mod is money for when u cant do anything and get overly angry and kick your bick on its side but the oil definatly ends up out the exhaust so thats a plus lol my idle cable is an f4i one is it shorter than the 900rr cuz its pretty short i stick it out by my tank...