front brakes on foot pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Smokinex is an unknown quantity at this point
front brakes on foot pedal?

what would i need to setup my front brakes to my back pedal. i was in an accident a few months back and paralized my right arm from the shoulder to wrist, with little movement in my hand, enough to use the throttle but can't get the brake. any ideas?
Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 PM

chadnine is a decent person
Re: front brakes on foot pedal?

not sure about that but damn sorry to hear that. wish you the best. i'll check around about that conversion.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Just off the top of my head, you could run a brake line from the rear master to the front brakes. Of coarse you'd eliminate the rear brake by doing that.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by apfire26
Just off the top of my head, you could run a brake line from the rear master to the front brakes. Of coarse you'd eliminate the rear brake by doing that.
The rear master doesn't have enough volume to control a set of front brakes. You would have to adapt a front master to be controlled by your rear brake. Give full throttle inc a call and he might be able to set you up with something. How is your left hand and both legs? Might want to hook up the front brake on the left side with the clutch.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NINER
The rear master doesn't have enough volume to control a set of front brakes. You would have to adapt a front master to be controlled by your rear brake. Give full throttle inc a call and he might be able to set you up with something. How is your left hand and both legs? Might want to hook up the front brake on the left side with the clutch.

Good idea. Front brake lever on the same side as the clutch would be easy to do. Just like a hb.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Good idea. Front brake lever on the same side as the clutch would be easy to do. Just like a hb.
There is some video on youtube of a guy on a motard that he set up when he had no use of his left arm. Might want to copy his set up backwards. I think he got rid of the clutch lever by putting on a recluse style clutch. It makes the bike shift like a fiddy. Don't think they make them for sportbikes though.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Smokinex is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds like a better idea, i woulndt lose my back brakes. thanks for the ideas
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
damn you niner i thought i was gonna save the day but you suggested it first
Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
this is good idea but i seen a one armed man ride a 600rr with the throttle the brake and the cluth on one side so you can def work clutch handbrake setup good luck to you though, be safe out there on the road
Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by old man roger
You fail old man!