Turn Signal/OIL light Wiring question for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:18 PM

sickzx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn Signal/OIL light Wiring question for F4i

Okay this is a silly question, but I took the factory turn signals out to replace with aftermarket ones. There are 3 wires that go to the turn signal and my guess is tha one is for the turn signal itself, the ground, and the last one is for driving lights. The new light do not have the dual stage, so I am not going to have the driving lights. The problem is i left the trird wire without connecting to anything, and back rear driving lights do not work? What should I do? Also, my oil light is on. I took the bike apart mostly the fairings, but had to take out some connections. the bike was fine before I took it apart, so where is the most likely connection that I would have taken out by removing fairings and the tank that would have an effect on the oil light?
Thank you fo any help!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:03 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Turn Signal/OIL light Wiring question for F4i

Originally Posted by sickzx3
Okay this is a silly question, but I took the factory turn signals out to replace with aftermarket ones. There are 3 wires that go to the turn signal and my guess is tha one is for the turn signal itself, the ground, and the last one is for driving lights. The new light do not have the dual stage, so I am not going to have the driving lights. The problem is i left the trird wire without connecting to anything, and back rear driving lights do not work? What should I do? Also, my oil light is on. I took the bike apart mostly the fairings, but had to take out some connections. the bike was fine before I took it apart, so where is the most likely connection that I would have taken out by removing fairings and the tank that would have an effect on the oil light?
Thank you fo any help!
MAke sure you didn't pop any fuses

And your oil light goes off after the bike has been running for about 3-4 seconds, and builds pressure..

If it still doesn't go off, you might need a new pressure sensor..

Because if the sensor becomes DISCONNECTED, then it shows you do have oil pressure..