F4i Hydro Locked

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all
Re: F4i Hydro Locked

Shut the fck up
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
you may be right but if the cylinder with oil in it has the piston all the way down and another cylinder fires then there will be enough power to bend a rod...

I thought about this your "starter ALONE would not have enough power to bend a rod or cause rod knock".....I watch what I say, I covered myself
Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by Skunky
2. get a friend's help push and pull the bike backwards (you'll hear the bike turn over, puching the fluid back out)

forward or backwards, its all the same...your just forcing the oil past the rings and back into the crankcase where it belongs
Old 01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by Towlieee
So whats your explanation for the people that have bent rods from oil locking their motor and hitting the starter button

read what you just said....a starter alone wont come close to having enough power to bend a rod due to hydro lock...if it was that powerful then we wouldnt need engines...we could get around on starters alone.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
forward or backwards, its all the same...your just forcing the oil past the rings and back into the crankcase where it belongs
close... just as rings keep the oil in the crankcase when the engine is running, they will keep the oil on top of the piston.. the oil will be pushed out the exhaust valve and then will burrn up in the pipe as you ride.. thats why it smokes for awhile... if you take the exhaust off (not that you need to) it would smoke for a min at the most and burn all the remaining oil residue all off the cyl walls and piston... then with the exhaust back on it will be all nice and smoke free... but really the point is the oil needs to escape the cyl. get the engine running to eliminate the residue and do the clean air mod and not worry about it.. .
Old 01-30-2008, 04:04 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

just crank it and wrap it out......if it blows i have an extra F4i motor for sale
Old 01-30-2008, 04:44 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DerekMey
just crank it and wrap it out......if it blows i have an extra F4i motor for sale
coo
Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

didn't read but pull all plugs out and spin motor over by ratchet not starter. like you where trying to align timing. it will squirt oil everywhere but it will all come out. remove air box and clean all oil. do kleen air mod and put back together and hope you didn't break something i hydro locked my f4i and got lucky as hell cause i didn't break anything
Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by Taz
close... just as rings keep the oil in the crankcase when the engine is running, they will keep the oil on top of the piston.. the oil will be pushed out the exhaust valve and then will burrn up in the pipe as you ride.. thats why it smokes for awhile... if you take the exhaust off (not that you need to) it would smoke for a min at the most and burn all the remaining oil residue all off the cyl walls and piston... then with the exhaust back on it will be all nice and smoke free... but really the point is the oil needs to escape the cyl. get the engine running to eliminate the residue and do the clean air mod and not worry about it.. .

yeah I know what you mean, I was posting about dude rolling the bike in second gear.......the compression stroke will help force oil past the rings back into the crankcase. yes alot of the oil would exit through the exhaust but theres still going to be alot within the cylinder too, im with you man. theres a couple different ways of doing it
Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM

01GSXR-600 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would think this works the same on the 600RR correct? And what do you do with the wires that the valve plugs into? Just leave them or twist together?
Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Bike runs fine now