F4i Hydro Locked

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4i Hydro Locked

Originally Posted by Schwartz
I had bad hydro lock before that wouldn't drain on it's own.
I pulled and changed the plugs. A short time later I had a rod knock. My fault from trying to turn over the motor over while it was hydro locked.

hmm

Last edited by E-Loc540; 01-28-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

your starter alone would not have enough power to bend a rod or even cause your 'rod to knock'
Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
your starter alone would not have enough power to bend a rod or even cause your 'rod to knock'
that makes me feel better
Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Gilad is a decent person

About the clean air mod

What about the breather,
After the mod. the motor work with no vent system?
What about all the hot air in the motor ?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Skunky is an unknown quantity at this point

1. put bike into second gear
2. get a friend's help push and pull the bike backwards (you'll hear the bike turn over, puching the fluid back out)

3. do this a bunch of times , then put bike in nuetral and start it on the kick stand

4. will smoke like a rally big fire....

5. ride on!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you may be right but if the cylinder with oil in it has the piston all the way down and another cylinder fires then there will be enough power to bend a rod...
Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM

skidmark is a decent person

... and he said he already started it and then it died, so if it was running on 3 then that rod is fucked! Same deal happened to my buddy, ran it for a while, kept dieing, got it to run after a few starts, blowing smoke, then KABOOM it shot the rod out of the front of the motor, it was f-in awesome, chunks of piston/rod/case/gears everywhere

Try pulling the plugs and shooting the oil out, or vacume it out, but...

Since you most likely bent it already I say fire it up, lock that throttle open, run for cover... and film it!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:58 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

I Havent started the bike since it died . it wouldnt even get close to starting up . we pulled the spark plugs out already and it makes the starting noise so im pretty sure the rods are fine i just gotta vacuum all the oil out good before i start her up
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DBoy
I Havent started the bike since it died . it wouldnt even get close to starting up . we pulled the spark plugs out already and it makes the starting noise so im pretty sure the rods are fine i just gotta vacuum all the oil out good before i start her up
just hold the starter button for a few seconds with the plugs out and that wil pump the oil out......
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

that too. Drain the oil last night
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
also known as OMR

you don't need to change your oil just get it out of the cylinders...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:43 PM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

When this happend to my bike I pulled out the sparkplugs and second gear on and push the bike forward slowly. After most of the oil was out i tried with the starter awile. Plugs back in and back to riding. And it smoked for a day after this while driving it. Nowadays i have clean air mod...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you use a plastic conduit T or do you want to use a copper one ?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

So whats your explanation for the people that have bent rods from oil locking their motor and hitting the starter button
Old 01-29-2008, 04:49 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by DBoy
as long as you didnt try to push start it you should be fine. If you've already pulled the plugs and cranked the starter with the plugs out, and it makes the starting noise it should be ok. Put the plugs back in, let it start, it will probably smoke alot because of the oil that was there. After that run it and if it doesnt feel right, put new plugs in it.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Well you are going to make me spell it out.
I put a wrench on the crank end. Dumb thing to do...
I don't think I bent a rod, proably sqwashed a bearing. I never took down the motor, just replaced the motor.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Towlieee
So whats your explanation for the people that have bent rods from oil locking their motor and hitting the starter button
they must have done that a bunch of times then

like eloc said your starter really shouldnt have enough power to mess it up.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 PM

try to push start twice cause i didnt know The tire was just locked up didn't do anything cause it was wet out
Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 PM

ctstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
Hey I'm just gettin in this "SPORT" and I've been droppin the bike alot is this something I need to do to prevent this?
i would stop riding, just my .
Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ctstunter
i would stop riding, just my .
dboy should do the same my

Quick Reply: F4i Hydro Locked