Fresh dent, but cap leaks.. 03-04 636

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
Fresh dent, but cap leaks.. 03-04 636

well im switching dents to a o-town... did a good *** job on the dent and cut out the splash guard.. (03-04 636)

now....

my cap leaks in between the rim of the cap and the actually tank...

give me some help..

was thinking about buying some kind of tough rubber and cut it and use it as a gasket to put in there that i can shut the cap onto....
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 AM

blizanthimum is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fresh dent, but cap leaks.. 03-04 636

Pics?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:47 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

i wanna know how to fix this to my 03 636 leaks gas on to my *** through the cap cause the dent is so low
Old 12-26-2007, 12:49 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Gas *** sucks
Old 12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by Josh Faught
Gas *** sucks

o yea... ouch

hey jason did you do a o-town style dent

and is your splash guard cut out too?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

use bulk sheet of gasket material like paper, or cork or something like that and cut out lil strips and fur it out inbetween the cap and the tank around the outside of the ring. I used contact cement and the gas didn't eat it up either.
At least that is how I fixed mine on old my 900RR with the stock cap, but now I think I'm gonna get this for my new bike.... $50. ?

Description Item Specifics - Item ConditionCondition: New

This is to sell extra parts from production. They are 100% good fitting and same quality as US$100 products; They are without any logo;
This is one set of race fuel cap for Honda including the base, the cap, the rubber sealing system, ventilation system and greased. It takes about 3 minutes to replace the OE cap and reduce 850g immediately.
Some of other models are available, please inquire. Bulk purchase price is negotiable.
No tax, no service charges, paypal only.
We send to the following countries: (3 days for main cities around the world).
USA,Japan,Italy, UK,Germany, France,Spain,Belgium,Netherland
,NewZland,Taiwan,Hongkong,Thailand,
Malaysia,Singapore,South Africa.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Re-Micks
o yea... ouch

hey jason did you do a o-town style dent

and is your splash guard cut out too?

My dent is more ontop but deep and far enuff back to tuck in and out of hc circles.

somehow it just lets my *** get soaked with gas i ride until i cant take the pain then call it a day...or i bring changes of pants...

i been thinking of wearing a plastic diaper im serious i wanna ride and that gas burns...speacially after a good shave
Old 12-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Run less gas in your tank?

If I fill my f4i, it leaks.. I just run a half tank and have no problems
Old 12-26-2007, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

tried that, it dont work for the 636...i ride the **** out of my bikes so that gas sloshes every where
Old 12-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Gas *** is terrible. Cut that **** out!!! Fix it already. You cant be serious riding till your pants are soaked with gas
Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by JASON-
tried that, it dont work for the 636...i ride the **** out of my bikes so that gas sloshes every where

think i figured it out....

i think if you crimp your gas cap drain line gas comes out of it.... on that note i quick-steeled it shut and had no more problems the rest of the night

i also put a rubber spacer behind the stock gas cap gasket

no problems yet i had a pretty bad high side towards the middle of the night.............. no gas came out......

ill keep you all posted

another idea...... got this from bill d. when he stopped by the other day, he said to put grease all over the gas cap gasket and the whole cap thingy... then coat the actual tank lip (where the seal holds) with JB weld then shut the cap and keep it like that for a hour or so (dont ride with it till its all dry) then turn your key and pop it open with a screw driver.... the grease acts as a wall so the JB weld wont stick to it....

thats my next try if what i did doesn't work
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
use bulk sheet of gasket material like paper, or cork or something like that and cut out lil strips and fur it out inbetween the cap and the tank around the outside of the ring. I used contact cement and the gas didn't eat it up either.
At least that is how I fixed mine on old my 900RR with the stock cap, but now I think I'm gonna get this for my new bike.... $50. ?

Description Item Specifics - Item ConditionCondition: New

This is to sell extra parts from production. They are 100% good fitting and same quality as US$100 products; They are without any logo;
This is one set of race fuel cap for Honda including the base, the cap, the rubber sealing system, ventilation system and greased. It takes about 3 minutes to replace the OE cap and reduce 850g immediately.
Some of other models are available, please inquire. Bulk purchase price is negotiable.
No tax, no service charges, paypal only.
We send to the following countries: (3 days for main cities around the world).
USA,Japan,Italy, UK,Germany, France,Spain,Belgium,Netherland
,NewZland,Taiwan,Hongkong,Thailand,
Malaysia,Singapore,South Africa.

Im all for saving a buck when you can, but I ****** hate knock off companies like that one that cant even change the design a bit to make it their own. That is a %100 copy of the Vortex caps, but coppied and probably made in China...The least they could do it change the way it looks a little ****** KNOCK OFF CHINA *******!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:10 AM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Im all for saving a buck when you can, but I ****** hate knock off companies like that one that cant even change the design a bit to make it their own. That is a %100 copy of the Vortex caps, but coppied and probably made in China...The least they could do it change the way it looks a little ****** KNOCK OFF CHINA *******!

you got that right....

any how..... hows your vortex gas cap work with your dent on that silver tank
Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
It really is no different? haha I never even looked closely at a vortex. They probably buy them from this company too and then stamp thier logo on them! hahahaha I'm just skipping the middle man!.... I'll write whoretex on it with a sharpie and sell them on stuntlife for $100. hee hee

Originally Posted by Towlieee
doesn't work both ways. I mean I can only say that with me, it worked for wheelies but not for stoppies. It was either gas *** or ocean spray in my face! The paper gasket worked well. but I had to pry it up with my key too! lol I just usually end up beating the welded ring on the inside of the tank loose so that it's hard to screw the gas cap down to anything!