F4i guage help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i guage help

send me some air line tickets and ship my bike up there ....oh wait it's cold up there .......lol
Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

It is cold. **** it maybe I'll ship my bike to Florida and squid up I mean hit up your spots for a little but lol.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Or I can just get off my lazy *** and try to fix it myself. I think I'll try that first.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:20 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

did you try the gauges in another bike? or another bikes gauges in yours
Old 12-21-2007, 10:26 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by lamby
did you try the gauges in another bike? or another bikes gauges in yours
****** Lamby. Whats up? I'm gonna do that tomorrow hopefully. When I get home I'm gonna disconnect and reconnect and do whatever people told me to try and see what happens.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:02 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

my bike is stored and i cant take it out. wish i could cause it gonna be in the high 40s next week
Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by lamby
high 40s next week
:YEAH
Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 PM
NealFoReal

Havent been able to hook the guages up to anyone elses bike yet. Hopefully I'll get to do it today or tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas?? I like having my guages. I tried what both dscamry and bvrider said and nothing still. I took a tester and tested where it hooks up to and from each of the harness' the light lit up once only. Is it supposed to only get one hot from each wiring harness? Appreciate any help.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:39 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

you probably popped a fuse that **** happened to my first F4i when i was hooking up a headlight to it. disconnect your battery and replace the burned fuse, leave the battery disconnected for about 10 min. then hook it back up and you should be in business.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by stock05
you probably popped a fuse that **** happened to my first F4i when i was hooking up a headlight to it. disconnect your battery and replace the burned fuse, leave the battery disconnected for about 10 min. then hook it back up and you should be in business.
You know if there are any other fuses besides the ones under the seat? I checked all the fuses under the seat and they were all good.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
You know if there are any other fuses besides the ones under the seat? I checked all the fuses under the seat and they were all good.
replace them, im pretty sure thats your problem, your symptoms sound exactly what was wrong with my bike, its one of the red 10amp fuses.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 AM

let me know if it works, dont forget to disconnect your battery for a while.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:38 AM
NealFoReal

I'm gonna try it first thing in the morning. I'll let you know.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
NealFoReal

Stock05's the man. I dont know how it worked if none of the fuses were blown but I disconnected the battery and changed out all of my red 10amp fuses and the gauges work. Appreciate the help as always homie.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

sometimes a fuse can lose it's connection where you can't see it. i've had them go bad in an odd location that you can't tell it's blown.

i would have done the fuses, then traced all the grounds for the gauges (green).

glad you got it working
Old 12-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Stock05's the man. I dont know how it worked if none of the fuses were blown but I disconnected the battery and changed out all of my red 10amp fuses and the gauges work. Appreciate the help as always homie.
anytime, glad i could help.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:32 PM
NealFoReal

Re: F4i gauge help

Originally Posted by binder929rr
sometimes a fuse can lose it's connection where you can't see it. i've had them go bad in an odd location that you can't tell it's blown.

i would have done the fuses, then traced all the grounds for the gauges (green).

glad you got it working
Same here. I know most people dont ride with gauges but I like having em.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:33 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by stock05
anytime, glad i could help.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

dude f4i wire harnesses are the devil

I chased down eletrical gremlins on my 02 f4i for a year, before I finally figured out the kill switch wasen't working..

It was in the wires though.. The plug that connects the kill switch to the main harness, would NOT make a connection no matter what I did.. tried cleaning with alcohol and q-tips, tried bending the metal prongs so they would make contact, NOTHING worked untill I cut the wires and soldered them....

edit: nevermind see you got it working

obvously I read 3 posts and then hit reply lol

Last edited by Towlieee; 12-26-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 AM
NealFoReal

Yeah I'm glad I got my **** working although I was starting to get used to it. Glad I didnt have problems like yours Towliee.