how do you remove feed spout from master cylinder snap ring style?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:54 PM

YZFwayne is a decent person
how do you remove feed spout from master cylinder snap ring style?

can anyone tell me how to remove the feed spout from my rear master cylinder. It is a snap ring style. I am trying to install a junction valve for a rear hand brake set up. there are no screws or anything. it is the circle style fitting, NOT the tear drop style. I just don't want to force \ Break it. ?????
Old 12-11-2007, 09:54 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: how do you remove feed spout from master cylinder snap ring style?

Once you remove that snapring, the spout should be able to pulled straight out...If it feels tight thats because there is a rubber oring in there thats a little tight, just pull it thou....
Old 12-11-2007, 09:57 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

twist it back and forth while pulling .....
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
BIKESTYLES

50mob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
twist it back and forth while pulling .....
+1...I just put mine on last week, just twist and pull
Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 AM

Thanx, I got it out. The adapter looks like a REAL tight fit, no room for an o-ring. What keeps the adapter in??? It doesnt't snap in. I think it needs to be put in with a press. I bought a rear master cylinder for a 03 gsxr off ebay. I think I am going to see if I can make it work on my bike. If anyone has any more experience with this style adapter, please share .... I'm lost. I Think If I jam that adapter in there it is going to destroy my master cylinder, leak, and pop out the first time I hit the brake
Old 12-26-2007, 09:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if it's the right adapter then you use the oring and the snap ring....
Old 12-26-2007, 11:18 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

What kind of adapter? GP TECH? that is the only one that i know of that pushes in stock style and uses the clip... DO NOT TRY TO USE IT WITHOUT the clip... and i used a hose clamp around it for safety...

Best bet is to spend a couple bucks and get a thread in adapter from FULLTHROTTLEINC.net
Old 12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
also known as OMR

do they make one for that style yamaha ?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the full throttle on works well, I put on on my motard...it makes its own threads as you screw it in.....it will not let go on you while riding...
Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 AM

thanx for the links, I went to fullthrottle.net. they had a "how to" for installing adapters. I got a weird master cylinder, It is a circle style fitting but there is no snap ring and no o-ring. there was a big rubber bushing inside that the feed spout fit into. the hole for the adapter is just slightly smaller than the adapter also. If I knew how to post pics I would, But any how, I'm gonna try to fit that cylinder from the gsxr I have. If that doesn't work I'll buy one of the threaded adapters from fullthrottle. Thanks again for the help