600rr

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM

big dill is a decent person
600rr

Got two questions.

First of all, I baught my '05 600rr in need of repair. Several pieces of bodywork missing. I have pretty much everything to put it back together again now but I didnt take apart so I dont know the propper order or fasteners to do so. Front, tank cover, tail, and tank fairings are in place but I need help with the rest. Dont Know how the air tube covers attach way back in there in the nose and what not. Where do bolts go and where are push pins used instead. Havent baught the bolts yet so this will also help me know what to buy.

Second question, the engine is ticking. Plenty of oil but it looked new when I baught it and very few runs and its dark already. Maybe a couple hours of run at max. That may be common i dont know. Fairly new to street bikes. Ive rode the hell out of quite a few bikes, gixxers and such, and compared to them it still seems to have plenty of power but it still ticks. Checked the cct and thats not it. According to the previous owner( who I didnt even buy it from, I baught it from the dealer HE sold it to) it was laid down gently leaving a stoplight and did only cosmetic dammage. He gave it to a "friend" who was studdieng motorcycles at the University of Phoenix and he got it back with no bodywork fixed and the motor making noise. So, if anybody can give me an idea of what to look at that would be fantastic. Keep in mind also that even though I may sound like a dumb *** who got stuck with a hunk of junk, Im working with a very limited budget and i got a 2700 mile bike for a smoking deal. Thanks for any help. Also, the noise seems to calm down to almost nothing after warmed up but picks back up during rpms. Thanks.