Smokin' 636 (did the air mod)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
Smokin' 636 (did the air mod)

Been working on stalls and every time i get it up to 12 when running it starts to want to die out... then when i roll out the stall it sounds all garggley, then it smokes like a freght train, did the air mod.is it dumping the oil that is left over, since i filled it to in between the Full mark and the top of the site.. let me know its done it 3 times so i quite doing stalls....
Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Smokin' 636 (did the air mod)

Originally Posted by Cin-O-Nasty
Been working on stalls and every time i get it up to 12 when running it starts to want to die out... then when i roll out the stall it sounds all garggley, then it smokes like a freght train, did the air mod.is it dumping the oil that is left over, since i filled it to in between the Full mark and the top of the site.. let me know its done it 3 times so i quite doing stalls....
It will still smoke even with the kleen air mod, but is shouldnt bog your motor or make it run like crap. Your oil still comes out the exhaust with the mod done, it just doesnt go through the airbox,throttle,boddies and get burned in the cylinders..

With the mod the oil comes out just after the exhaust valve, but it will still turn into smoke because of the heat in the exhaust pipes....

What mod did you do? Unelss you did the "kleen" mod or rerouted it away from the air box you'll alwasy have problems....
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
It will still smoke even with the kleen air mod, but is shouldnt bog your motor or make it run like crap. Your oil still comes out the exhaust with the mod done, it just doesnt go through the airbox,throttle,boddies and get burned in the cylinders..

With the mod the oil comes out just after the exhaust valve, but it will still turn into smoke because of the heat in the exhaust pipes....

What mod did you do? Unelss you did the "kleen" mod or rerouted it away from the air box you'll alwasy have problems....
did the kleen mod, crank hose to the top of the valve cover and put a T in, then put a screw in the vac hose.

is there something else i should do? as you said ill always have problems?

it does have a slight bogg right at the begging of bp
Old 11-29-2007, 01:23 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

did the kleen mod, crank hose to the top of the valve cover and put a T in, then put a screw in the vac hose.

is there something else i should do? as you said ill always have problems?

it does have a slight bogg right at the begging of bp

If you did the mod properly then it should not affect how the bike runs at all, it might just be some of the left over oil from before you did the mod...Did you clean out your airbox/throttle boddies? New plugs?

Since I did the kleen mod and chandged my plugs, my bike has never pulled harder or ran smoother...
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
If you did the mod properly then it should not affect how the bike runs at all, it might just be some of the left over oil from before you did the mod...Did you clean out your airbox/throttle boddies? New plugs?

Since I did the kleen mod and chandged my plugs, my bike has never pulled harder or ran smoother...

did the mod, tubing from crank to valve cover, T'd it in, cleaned oil out of air box, got new air filter, new plugs, the only thing i didnt do was clean the throttle body's well, maybe ill try new plugs again?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i do stalls with mine about forty times a night and no smoke or bogging at all i have to be on the bar for a long time to get smoke and mine is filled to the top of the site glass..

you have me stumped it shouldn't smoke every time you do a stall and like jp said the oil doesn't get in the combustion chamber with this mod so the bog is probably another issue....low on gas maybe ?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

whats the air mod? what do i need to do to my 06
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by old man roger
i do stalls with mine about forty times a night and no smoke or bogging at all i have to be on the bar for a long time to get smoke and mine is filled to the top of the site glass..

you have me stumped it shouldn't smoke every time you do a stall and like jp said the oil doesn't get in the combustion chamber with this mod so the bog is probably another issue....low on gas maybe ?
had gas (i know the feeling of low gas bog) may need a new fuel pump ???? , its bs
Old 11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

had gas (i know the feeling of low gas bog) may need a new fuel pump ???? , its bs
i just don't think the kleen air mod is the cause of your bogg
Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
whats the air mod? what do i need to do to my 06
the kleen air mod by passes your crank case gasses directly to you pair valve so you don't get hot oily air in your air box and it keeps the bike from hydro locking from oil in your air box
Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

So did you do the kleen air mod?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
also known as OMR

absolutely , its a must for a 636
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

if its bogging a possible cause could be a gap between your throttle bodies and motor. Sometimes mine will gap if I crash hard. Make sure all the TB's are fully seated and tight.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
also known as OMR

ok i have gotten three pm's since i posted in this thread about how to do the mod...lol

take off your tank and air box ,you will see a plastic t valve in the middle of your valve cove [pair valve] take off the little vaccum line that is connected to the pair valve and block off the vaccum line then take the big hose that is comming out of the middle of the pair vale and connect it to the big hose that is comming up from your crank case[crank case vent tube] you can either buy a long peice of hose to do this or you can add some thing between the two ,i used a peice of conduit that i had here and some hose clamps but as long as your crank case vent tube is connected to your pair valve and the vaccum line is blocked off then your good........

this is for the 03 04 636 but most all bikes are pretty much the same some bikes will have wires going to the pair valve instead of a vaccum line but they all do the same thing ,they open and close that valve so if yours is operated with electricity rather then vaccum operated then un plug it so it stays open

when your done with all that you will have two holes in your air box that the two hoses use to go to block them off you can buy rubber caps froma radiator shop or auto parts store but i just use some heater hose and a bolt for mine.....
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
also known as OMR

this mod directs the crank case gasses directly to your exhaust ,i know it doesn't look like it does but there are ports that go through the head via a reed valve so it will cause a vaccum in your crank case and that is good for some free horse power and added low end power along with keeping you air box from filling up with oil and hyrolocking your motor ..

this mod is a must for a 636 especially if you have your tip over switch bypassed because if the bike is on it's side and running it can pump alot of oil in your air box pretty quick and destroy your motor because oil does not compress like air .......
Old 11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by old man roger
i just don't think the kleen air mod is the cause of your bogg
yea i re did the mod too, with all new tubing and a diff. T dont think its that either ill start with the fuel pump and go from there
Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
YUT UGH

this works too rog

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...-my-636-a.html

its a damn sticky people.......

cya, im going riding

even tho its 30 degrees out.........
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

just stop roger................stop it!! all hail the clean air master

OMR subcages............get yours today!!
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
also known as OMR

lol......
Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

It's definately not the mod that is giving you problems.. if you let the bike run at 12 it is gonna start smoking like a bitch after a few seconds.. when stalling though the bike shouldn't be at 12 anyways.. you should be holding it at balance point.

as far as the gargling goes, definately sounds like a fuel problem. I had to replace the fuel pump on my bike because it was starting to go.. it would gargle and die during long stoppies... and surge during anything else.

Quick Reply: Smokin' 636 (did the air mod)