cam chain tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: cam chain tensioner

Sounds pretty easy. When I swapped out my clip ons for my dirt bars I had to swap the throttle cables out with longer ones. It took me 2 hours of scratching my head and I still didnt get it without help. When I swapped my rearsets for my ESD's it took me 30 minutes of scratching my head and I still needed help.

<--------- not mechanically inclined.

Originally Posted by old man roger
it's very simple you just adjust it so the clackity clack noise goes away..lol
Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Oh oh - the first time I took my airbox off it took me probably 20 minutes of pulling and then realizing that I missed some screws. Took those screws off and realized I missed some more. lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

having to count on some one else to fix your bike will usually cost you more time and money then doing it your self..
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Sounds pretty easy. When I swapped out my clip ons for my dirt bars I had to swap the throttle cables out with longer ones. It took me 2 hours of scratching my head and I still didnt get it without help. When I swapped my rearsets for my ESD's it took me 30 minutes of scratching my head and I still needed help.

<--------- not mechanically inclined.
Oh oh - the first time I took my airbox off it took me probably 20 minutes of pulling and then realizing that I missed some screws. Took those screws off and realized I missed some more. lol.
ok maybe you should let some one else do it
Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
NealFoReal

Oh believe me I know that. I do usually try to do it myself first but when I get stuck I bring it to my boy. Different than last year though. I used to bring it to a shop that would charge $75 hour. My boy usually just wants a 6 pack and a few dollars and I sit there and watch him and learn which is good.

having to count on some one else to fix your bike will usually cost you more time and money then doing it your self..
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
NealFoReal

Why you laughin at me? lol. Eh - I try. I will get this **** eventually.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
also known as OMR

the air box post had me rolling .....lol
Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 PM
NealFoReal

I am gonna do this cct by myself though. Theres a bunch of stuff that I can do by myself like on my gixxer - I replaced that dam subframe so many times that I got it down to where I could do it in a little less than an hour. And I'm doing some **** on the F4i by myself. How long you been working on bikes for OMR?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
NealFoReal

Picture how I felt when I finally realized the reason it wasnt budging was coz I didnt take off all the screws. I was pullin at that **** - I tried to pry it open with a screwdriver coz I thought it was stuck.

the air box post had me rolling .....lol
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM
also known as OMR

I am gonna do this cct by myself though. Theres a bunch of stuff that I can do by myself like on my gixxer - I replaced that dam subframe so many times that I got it down to where I could do it in a little less than an hour. And I'm doing some **** on the F4i by myself. How long you been working on bikes for OMR?
my whole life really ,i have always had a bike of some sort since i was a little kid
Old 11-28-2007, 01:40 PM
NealFoReal

Yeah thats the thing - I never worked on **** when I was younger. Too busy getting in trouble.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
also known as OMR

Yeah thats the thing - I never worked on **** when I was younger. Too busy getting in trouble.
well we was po folk growing up so we use to get mini bikes ,go carts and old dirt bikes and mopeds out of the dump and then we would butcher what ever we needed to make them run so i learned at a young age to just make it work because there was no other option..

the only new parts we ever had came from the surrounding neighbors lawn mowers......lol

when i was a kid the dumps would seperate the trash like there would be a pile of appliances and a pile of furniture and a pile of motorcycles and so on so it was kinda like going to the junk yard for car parts but you didn't have to pay for the parts , if i could add up the hours i spent pushing old junk dirt bikes home from the dump you wouldn't beleive it
Old 11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
NealFoReal

Thats nice. You dont see too many dirtbikes and mopeds in the trash over here. ****** Florida. Its raining bikes over there?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
also known as OMR

i grew up in mass
Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

YES! :YEAH

I DID IT!

a big thx to everyone that helped, especially OMR, you are so wise!

took over 5 hours total.

saved myself $350.00

tightened everything, wrapped up my tools, took it for a spin, GHRRRR, i was SO pissed.

opened it back up, re-did it. the bike sound ALOT better.

but i still have this small rattling noise at 5,500rpm..what else can it be?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
YES! :YEAH

I DID IT!

a big thx to everyone that helped, especially OMR, you are so wise!

took over 5 hours total.

saved myself $350.00

tightened everything, wrapped up my tools, took it for a spin, GHRRRR, i was SO pissed.

opened it back up, re-did it. the bike sound ALOT better.

but i still have this small rattling noise at 5,500rpm..what else can it be?
go another 1/8 turn in......lol
Old 11-29-2007, 05:16 PM

go another 1/8 turn in......lol
i did, i tried going even another full turn and a half...it didn't affect it.

what else can cause it aside the cam?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
also known as OMR

with out hearing it i couldn't tell you but if you made a whole turn and a half past where it should be then thats way to tight.....
Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 PM

with out hearing it i couldn't tell you but if you made a whole turn and a half past where it should be then thats way to tight.....
ya, well, that was just to test and see if the 5.5 rpm noise would go away...it didn't so i turned it back 'till it rattled, and the tightened another 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
ya, well, that was just to test and see if the 5.5 rpm noise would go away...it didn't so i turned it back 'till it rattled, and the tightened another 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn.
a little snug maybe but better then one and a half turns

Quick Reply: cam chain tensioner