636 problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM

joe98 is a decent person
636 problems

so i have just recovered from my recent injuries and ive been waiting to ride for two weeks now. in my down time i replaced my stock clutch with an msr raptor and painted my wheels. so when i went out i try clutchin it up in 1st but nothing is happening it feels like im trying in 6th the same thing with powering it it wont do anything it revs uo but has little pull like its in 6th instead of first.so did i...
1. mess something up when switching the clutch leversor
2. is there possibly something wrong withthe rear brake (that happened while disassembling the rear for painting) like its clamping down some all the time
thanks for any help
Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 problems

well joe first things first always use oem parts when it comes to clutches and brake pads they fit good and work good.....

lift your back tire off the ground and see if the brakes are dragging.....

if your brakes are fine then you need to make sure your clutch cable has enough free play in it ,there should be at least an 1/8 of an inch in between your clutch lever and your clutch perch.....

if all that is good then you may need to make sure there isn't some thing sticking and not lettig the clutch fully engage...

when installing a new clutch i like to soak the fibers over night in oil and i only use regular oil[not synthetic] until the clutch is broke in.....
Old 11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

clutch break in is done by heat cycles meaning you get the clutch up to normal operating tempeture by riding the bike in a normal fashion [not clutching up wheelies] and then you let the bike cool then repeat the proccess a few time because the clutch getting hot then cold is what breaks it in

if you are clutching it up right after installing it you can glaze the fibers and then you will need new ones....
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM

joe98 is a decent person

sorry meant i only replaced the stock lever to an msr not the actual clutch and the brake deal is just i took the caliper off when i pulled the wheel to paint it. on the free play thing you mean you should pull the lever 1/8 inch before it starts to engage oh yea what about chain tensioner could i have tightened it too much or not enough i mean it is totally diff bike now
Old 11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
also known as OMR

lol........damn i should have paid better attention before i went off on a rant.........lol

yes on the adjustment and cct's don't need alot of force when adjusting them i just turn them in till the clicking stops then i give them another 1/8 of a turn and i adjust them with the bike warmed up....