02 zx6r swap to 03 636 F.I. motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 PM

sQuidalish is a decent person
02 zx6r swap to 03 636 F.I. motor

Does anyone know of this swap? The 600 motor vs. the 636. they look identical up to the timing chain cover and fuel system of course. They seem to have the same mouting points and cary alot of the same kawaski part #'s. It would be a fantastic upgrade. Does this just seem to easy to be true? the motor with complete wiring harness, cooling system & exhaust are goin for 800 to 1k on ebay. would it be that easy as a bolt in, plug and play, or am I thinkin crazy. this would be versus a motor rebuild on the 02 zx6r Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: 02 zx6r swap to 03 636 F.I. motor

it wont work...
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 AM

Sgt.Stud is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
it wont work...
why not?

just curious...
Old 10-28-2007, 03:33 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the air box won't fit under the tank for one reason and the 02 is a completely different frame design
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM

I figured you could run with out the air box and just use some filter pods. I realize the frame has changed between these years, but the motor has not taken that much of a change besides a slightly redesigned head and of course carbs to F.I.. None of the lower mounting points have changed but the top two on the outer sides of the cylinder head have moved out and down toward the exhaust ports unlike the 600 where there up closer to the intake side of the head. Maybe some tabs or brackets could be welded up for this.
Whos knows?!?! Im gunna go for as a winter project! Il post pics of project and if doesnt work i will have a kick *** motor for a cart project or for my motorless 4 wheeler:YEAH
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 AM

just some comparison photos, can anyone tell if your 636 has the same upper rear mounting (5th pic)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	636.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	201707   Click image for larger version

Name:	600.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	201708   Click image for larger version

Name:	636 (2).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	201709   Click image for larger version

Name:	600 (2).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	201710   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	201711  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	201712  

Last edited by sQuidalish; 10-29-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

u see my post count?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 PM

????????????? your wanting me to know that your on this website alot, or that i supposed to give up because you said it can be done?......and the fact that i came on here to look for help was indeed a bad idead?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sQuidalish
????????????? your wanting me to know that your on this website alot, or that i supposed to give up because you said it can be done?......and the fact that i came on here to look for help was indeed a bad idead?
:YEAH
Old 10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Scrapes Elbow

this is a stunt web site not a "im a ****** that wants to put diff motors in my piece of **** carbed junker.."
Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hey wait a minute know......lol

i helped a freind put an injected motor in a f3 ,we made new mounts modified the gsxr header ,welded in a place to mount the pump in the tank then we put a 900 rr subframe ,tail and seats on it and hell i don't even remember what front end we put on it but it was a pretty good stunt bike
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

this guy couldn't find a fork in his own kitchen, muchless weld aluminum.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
also known as OMR

and not that i like to admit it but i put a 98 zx6 r motor in 93 zx6 e frame and the exhaust was 1/3 kawi 1/3 honda 1/3 gsxr with 95 zx6r plastics and the fuel pump was out of a 900rr the plug was the same as the zx6r ,it had a front caliper and rotor on the rear wheel and the front end was off the 98 the swing arm was off a zzr of some year the shock was oh hell i don't even remember.....lol
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
also known as OMR

all im saying is it can be done but it won't bolt right up
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 PM
also known as OMR

the same kid i helped with the f3 had an injected ford ranger motor with nitrous sticking out the back of a volkwagon karmaghia........lol
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
also known as OMR

and he also hada 5 horse power briggs and stratton motor on a go ped ,that didn't go to good for him it had a gas leak and burst into flames at about 45 mph....
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
this is a stunt web site not a "im a ****** that wants to put diff motors in my piece of **** carbed junker.."
How did I forget! This is a stunt site. Shoot... Silly me! I didnt realize i was in a sub-forum of Help and How-to called Service, Repair, and Maintenance
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah SERVICE, REPAIR & MAINTENANCE, you fruit cake..
Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 AM

you win. indeed u are a douchebag.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Scrapes Elbow

lol ok idiot.

Quick Reply: 02 zx6r swap to 03 636 F.I. motor