Flipping Clipons

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough
Flipping Clipons

Search Still not working

Flipped my clip ons last night (still FF at the minute), drilled the holes for the switchgear in the wrong places, and remounted them only to find they foul the fairing and engage the brake when i turn left, and stretch the throttle cables when i turn right.

Do i need a longer throttle cable or just better routing/adjustment,

and will i need to go SF if i wanna keep them this way?

I'm just learning and building confidence at the minute which is why i wanna flip the bars in the first place
Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Flipping Clipons

u might have em turned out too far. or your **** just isnt right. and drilling holes?? are u meaning for the little dimples that sit in the bar so the switch housing doesnt move? if so u dont need to do that, just grind those off so that the housings close all the way when u screw them tight, ive never had any of mine move on me and if they do theres ways to stop em from moving. i got flipped clip ons on a 636 and i didnt have to reroute anything and when i had dirt bars on my gixi managed to reroute the clutch and throttle cables so i had no issues.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:54 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of
Re: Flipping Clipons

The last bike I did the flip and switch on I had to trim the upper about 1/2 an inch on both sides to get it so the brake and clutch did not hit the upper when on full lock. On a FF bike it can get tight but it will work if done right. And yes you did something wrong if your cables are pulling themselves when you turn...