I want to shoot my bike...please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to shoot my bike...please help.

Ok....havent been able to ride for all summer cause havent had time to put in the stator that keeps going out on me. Anyways, put it in a couple weeks ago and just last night put in the battery. Bike started perfectly. Checked the voltage over the battery and it was fine. Hell, even went back this morning and checked again before i went to the bucs game and it ran beautifully. Now, i just put on my tank fairing and seat and tail fairing and the damn thing is givin me trouble. Its starts up for a second and then just dies out...wtf? Almost like its not gettin gas or something. Its a giant pain in my *** at this point and want to get it fixed. Thought all id have to do tonight would be put on the fairings and then be able to ride tomarrow night and now the damn thing aint workin again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I want to shoot my bike...please help.

possibly kinked the fuel line?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM

i dont see how tho. the tank was bolted down last night and this morning. its an 05 cbr1k. the tank fairing is just like a plastic covering over the tank. im goin ****** nutz with this ****. first its one thing and then its another.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i was thinking the same thing
Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, check for kinked lines. You can detach the feed return hose and put it in a bucket then jumper across your fuel cut relay and start the bike to see if the pump is pushing fuel. If the fuel pump is fine then it will pump fuel into the bucket.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

some bikes won't pump alot of gas if there is no pressure
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM

im begining to hate life

that fuel pump idea sounds like way to much work and im tired as hell on workin on it. over the past couple months i striped the bike down damn near completely and built it back up. now this ****.

ima try again tomarrow after work...frustrating as hell.