clutch perch part... need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future
clutch perch part... need help!!!

is it possible to purchase a part of an e-z pull clutch perch? i've looked around and can only seem to find the whole perch assembly. the little cylinder that has the threading for the adjuster screw broke. it fits in the hole that i'm pointing at in the pic. if i can find the little threaded cylinder then i'll try to buy it, otherwise it looks like i need to get the whole friggin perch behind that one little piece. my lever is still good to go and i'm assuming it's a universal part, correct? so i should be able to use it on whatever perch i end up purchasing, right? oh yeah, i bought the bike with the e-z pull clutch and i cant really figure out what brand it is. i've looked all around to find a similar one. maybe you guys will know once u take a look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	09-03-07_2150.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	199551  

Last edited by Trachito; 09-06-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 PM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: clutch perch part... need help!!!

From what it looks like it's a moose clutch perch assembly. I know for a fact my msr pro raptor would fit but i'm not sure you can buy just that part but you can just by the clutch assembly and not the perch which is cheap. Check hai or someone i'm sure they just sell the lever part and the needle adjustment comes with it. Hope that helps.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by matt360
From what it looks like it's a moose clutch perch assembly. I know for a fact my msr pro raptor would fit but i'm not sure you can buy just that part but you can just by the clutch assembly and not the perch which is cheap. Check hai or someone i'm sure they just sell the lever part and the needle adjustment comes with it. Hope that helps.
uuummm, actually i'm a bit comfused. the perch is the section that is attached to the clipon, so what do u mean by the assembly? do u mean the adjustment assembly? i dont need the lever cuz it's fine. it's just the part that the adjustment screw screws into that's messed up, the part that fits into the hole that i'm pointing at in the pic. sorry if i'm just overlooking something, dude, but i've read ur post a bunch of times and i'm not getting it... maybe it's the beers i have in my system.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM

**** it, nevermind. ended up having to order the whole perch. they dont sell just that little piece. got a moose perch. should hold up pretty good.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 AM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the retarted post I did. The words in my head don't reflect what I type most of the time. Maybe it was the beers. No I got what you where pointing at the perch part is one unit and can be ordered. But you said your going to buy the moose. Good call thats what I run and what's on your bike now. Word of advice on those DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLTS or your will strip them also a little loc-tight wouldn't hurt. I'm sure you know that though.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by matt360
Sorry for the retarted post I did. The words in my head don't reflect what I type most of the time. Maybe it was the beers. No I got what you where pointing at the perch part is one unit and can be ordered. But you said your going to buy the moose. Good call thats what I run and what's on your bike now. Word of advice on those DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLTS or your will strip them also a little loc-tight wouldn't hurt. I'm sure you know that though.
i had an older moose on there. i knew about not overtightening because if i crash, the perch can move instead of break. loc-tight's a good idea though. glad u mentioned that.