battery getting hot as shit????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
battery getting hot as ****????

i put a battery in my f3 from my 636 and rode it fine for a day... and tonight about 1-2 hr into a ride my battery was stinking like rotten eggs and sulfer and i pulled off my seat and the **** was hot as ****.... dk if it matterd put the battery from a 04 into a 96 with the diffrent out puts or wat ever... let me know
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: battery getting hot as ****????

Gotta put the right battery in the bike.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by nags
Gotta put the right battery in the bike.

yea i was just getting pissed cuz i couldnt ride it and thats all i had, hope i dont have to buy 2 new batterys now
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 AM

MXRACERX43 is a decent person

12 Volts is 12 volts. As long as you did not cross your terminals, you would definatley know that. You would have blown fuses or a big melted bundle of plastic that use to be your wiring harness. Sounds like you may have a problem with your reg/rect check your voltage output with a volt meter when the bike is off the bike idiling and the bike reved to approx 6-7000 RPM. You can check a repair manual for exact output but it should not be exceeding 14-15 volts max when it is revved. But it does not matter what year bike your battery is out of. The only differences are size cranking amps and battery chemistry.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 AM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by MXRACERX43
12 Volts is 12 volts. As long as you did not cross your terminals, you would definatley know that. You would have blown fuses or a big melted bundle of plastic that use to be your wiring harness. Sounds like you may have a problem with your reg/rect check your voltage output with a volt meter when the bike is off the bike idiling and the bike reved to approx 6-7000 RPM. You can check a repair manual for exact output but it should not be exceeding 14-15 volts max when it is revved. But it does not matter what year bike your battery is out of. The only differences are size cranking amps and battery chemistry.
the rectifer i had on it last melted the plug so i thought that went bad so i put another one on and its hasnt melted and it gets hot but all rect do get hot... the whole thing with the battery is that they are 12 volts.. but they have diffrent outputs or amps...
Old 09-06-2007, 12:38 AM

MXRACERX43 is a decent person

That is cranking amps. A 12 volt battery is 12 Volts. I would check into the wiring harness leading into your rectifier. I just replaced on for a customer on an R6 after he went through 3 reg/rect. Dumb question but you did not jumstart your bike or use a start feature of more than 20 amps on a battery charger did you?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by MXRACERX43
That is cranking amps. A 12 volt battery is 12 Volts. I would check into the wiring harness leading into your rectifier. I just replaced on for a customer on an R6 after he went through 3 reg/rect. Dumb question but you did not jumstart your bike or use a start feature of more than 20 amps on a battery charger did you?
i did on the old battery it was a engine starter ... i dont know what amps it was tho
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

My bike did the same thing and the battery got so hot it deformed...my rectifier was bad...changed it and it was good to go.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by Nick StuntMetal
My bike did the same thing and the battery got so hot it deformed...my rectifier was bad...changed it and it was good to go.
battery was no good then right?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jixxer6
battery was no good then right?
yeah i changed my battery too..didnt feel like having it blow up on me
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM
YUT UGH

yea dont blame ya.. you guys got nice spots up there... ill have to make my way up there some time.... you guys ride during the winter?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jixxer6
yea dont blame ya.. you guys got nice spots up there... ill have to make my way up there some time.... you guys ride during the winter?
we have a decent spot in Richmond Indiana...we havnt rode in Dayton in a long time...I live about 30 min from richmond and 45 from Dayton.
We ride in the winter some...if its around 50 or so.

U know JT and Shane from cincy? I havnt talked to them in a long time. Dont know if they ride much anymore.

Last edited by Nick StuntMetal; 09-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 AM
YUT UGH

Originally Posted by Nick StuntMetal
we have a decent spot in Richmond Indiana...we havnt rode in Dayton in a long time...I live about 30 min from richmond and 45 from Dayton.
We ride in the winter some...if its around 50 or so.

U know JT and Shane from cincy? I havnt talked to them in a long time. Dont know if they ride much anymore.

yea JT been working a **** ton.. and we been trying to get shane to get out but havent had much luck.. hes been riding dirt a bunch...
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I was gonna say your battery is being over charged, rectifier? like someone said before