I think I got the wrong fucking idle cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person
I think I got the wrong ******* idle cable

I purchaced a 96 900rr "idle" cable for my f4i, and its a pull type cable, like a choke, not a turn style cable like the one that's stock on my f4i, is this the wrong one?

What should I order? I want a longer cable

Last edited by kipROCKet; 08-18-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:49 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I think I got the wrong ******* idle cable

I just called my local bike shop and had them order me one. 97 900rr is what I use. only $19 and works fine. Oh, I believe the 97 f3 idle cables are longer.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:58 AM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kipROCKet
I purchaced a 96 900rr "idle" cable for my f4i, and its a pull type cable, like a choke, not a turn style cable like the one that's stock on my f4i, is this the wrong one?

Hmm. I just put the 96 900rr cable in my 4fi and it works fine. It was long enough too.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:00 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you deffinetly want the one that you turn not the one you pull
Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 AM

OMR is the one I put in going to work? It worked fine tonight. The one I put in def turns up the idle and doesn't make it run rich or anything I used the how to put a idle cable post to do it. I took the screw out put the idle in and it was def opening the throttle bodies. Also one last note you have to turn it to make the idle go up not pull. So i'm confused help me out OMR.

Last edited by matt360; 08-20-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

they sent you the wrong part. send it back or throw it away.

Any honda idle cable will work. f2/f3 is a little longer than 900, 600rr is longer then both.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:56 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by matt360
OMR is the one I put in going to work? It worked fine tonight. The one I put in def turns up the idle and doesn't make it run rich or anything I used the how to put a idle cable post to do it. I took the screw out put the idle in and it was def opening the throttle bodies. Also one last note you have to turn it to make the idle go up not pull. So i'm confused help me out OMR.
you have the correct one
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
you have the correct one

nice avatar from sat. aaron jumpin off the porsche!!!:YEAH
Old 08-20-2007, 01:57 PM

you have the correct one
Thanks man. Nice avatar too by the way that is a sick shot.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:30 AM

nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like they sent you the choke cable, idle cable you turn and f4 cable wil work good.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by matt360
you have the correct one
yep if you can reach it ok and you turn it and the idle goes up then you should be good
Old 08-23-2007, 03:05 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by MikeM
they sent you the wrong part. send it back or throw it away.

Any honda idle cable will work. f2/f3 is a little longer than 900, 600rr is longer then both.
i'd listen to mikey....
Old 08-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yep if you can reach it ok and you turn it and the idle goes up then you should be good
OMR your slippin on the help man. Snap back into it.