FI light blinkin

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person
FI light blinkin

so i went SF and took off my gauges months ago.

today i hooked em back up and the FI light is blinking....and well, its kinda trippin me out.

i read the service manual but couldn't figure out. (its got some weird calculations )

anyway, it shows 2 slow blinks followed by 3 quick ones.

kinda like

beeeeeeep
beeeeeeep
beep
beep
beep

...except without the sound

ne ideas?

p.s. i checked the o2 censor and its connected to the pipe so thats not it....the only thing that the bike is missing is the smog can which i removed for ground clearance, but i didn't take it's censor off, i just shorted it, so i don't think thats watz causing it. i also, tried cleaning/resetting it using the connector under the seat, i followed the instructions like it said in the SM but after i was done, it just kept blinking, i stopped counting when it reached 50 blinks....so i'm not sure if the reset was successfull or not, regardless, the bike still does the 2 adn 3 blinks when i start it up.

Last edited by DirtyToes; 08-15-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Re: FI light blinkin

wait

i don't know y i didn't figure it out before but...

2 slow blinks...2 times 10 = 20
+
3 slow ones..

20 + 3 = 23

am i right?
according to the service manual "Faulty O2 sensor heater"

this is the sensor that screwd into the pipe right? ...cause its connected, so y is it settin off the FI?

p.s...i wrecked about a month ago and it put a decent size dent in the pipe and headers but not around the censor....can that be the source of this?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
wait

i don't know y i didn't figure it out before but...

2 slow blinks...2 times 10 = 20
+
3 slow ones..

20 + 3 = 23

am i right?
according to the service manual "Faulty O2 sensor heater"

this is the sensor that screwd into the pipe right? ...cause its connected, so y is it settin off the FI?

p.s...i wrecked about a month ago and it put a decent size dent in the pipe and headers but not around the censor....can that be the source of this?
You decoded the flashes correctly but that's all the help I can give you. I know nothing about bikes with O2 sensors. You can reset it by shorting a connector under the seat. The process should be in the manual. Then see if it comes back on.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
You decoded the flashes correctly but that's all the help I can give you. I know nothing about bikes with O2 sensors. You can reset it by shorting a connector under the seat. The process should be in the manual. Then see if it comes back on.
ya, i already did the reset, cause according to the SM if it turns off and then it continues blinkin, it was a successful reset...which it did.

but it came back on.

so i guess i got a faulty O2 sensor?