few ?s on stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:42 PM

ZeroGravity is an unknown quantity at this point
few ?s on stoppies

i know theres a bunch of threads already on this topic but i have a few specific ?s
Ive been trying to learn stoppies... but I have been doing them by starting on the front brake at like 25 and not getting the back up till about 5... i can only get it up about 2 feet and the i drop it ata dead stop.... I am going to try it going 40 later today,,, but it seems the faster im going the longer it takes to get traction so my front tire dosnt slide out... my tire is only a 100/80-16... and its the OE 60$ tire.... is that my problem.. should i get a new tire? or should i just let out some pressure... if so how much?
(can using less pressure ruin your rim... setting down wheelies and what not?

~chris
Old 05-26-2003, 04:36 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point
your doing them to slow, try g oing about 35-40, thats when you'll start to roll, height doesn't really matter at first, get used to the feeling of it rolling, then go for the height. ots tricky, but practice it and you'll get it in a few days. and you'll learn to go faster and and further
Old 05-26-2003, 05:00 PM

Soumy16 is an unknown quantity at this point
we had a ninja 250 at the shop once only way we could stoppie it was sitting in the high chair position and that was a bit hard. But like kaotic said try going a little fast.. key it stoppies is height get it up as fast as you can and ease off the brake till your coasting.. ask reckless methods about ninja 250's.. i think last season they blew one up after a day of having it

James
Old 05-27-2003, 02:29 AM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Kaotic
your doing them to slow, try g oing about 35-40, thats when you'll start to roll, height doesn't really matter at first, get used to the feeling of it rolling, then go for the height. ots tricky, but practice it and you'll get it in a few days. and you'll learn to go faster and and further
Is there any technique you use when you're pulling in the brake lever? The guy that use to own my bike said to pop the rear tire up and let out some of the brake lever to roll them.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:36 AM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JOKER_OF_FFX
Is there any technique you use when you're pulling in the brake lever? The guy that use to own my bike said to pop the rear tire up and let out some of the brake lever to roll them.
EXACTLY RIGHT! PULL THE BRAKE ENUF TO GET THE TIRE IN THE AIR. WHEN IT IS AT A COMFORTABLE HEIGHT FOR YOU, LET SOME BRAKE GO, THEN THEY ROLL.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:31 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
go about 40-50. press the brake to let the front shocks compress... give a little bounce with your *** to get the momentum and the weight off the rear tire. on the rebound, (when the rear end is traveling back up from the bounce) give the front brakes some more squeeze the throw that rear tire up in the air. you'll get used to it. The bounce helps out a lot. its all technique.