Do you guys think my front sprocket is trashed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:50 PM

ON1WHEEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you guys think my front sprocket is trashed?

So for whatever reason I didn't pay attention to my chain tightness and after several wheelies and hundreds of miles of riding my rear sprocket is missing half the teeth. Wouldn't that also mean my front sprocket is destroyed as well? I can still ride the bike but Im not doing any wheelies at this point.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Do you guys think my front sprocket is trashed?

you should always change both sprockets and your chain at the same time because either being worn will quicken the destruction of the other
Old 08-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
you should always change both sprockets and your chain at the same time because either being worn will quicken the destruction of the other
Thats what I figured. Im pretty ignorant to the whole "pitch" thing too. I bought the bike with -1/+2, and I wanna go -1/+5 so I don't know what chain I'd need.. Any more advice will be appreciated, and if you want Ill randomlly pop into threads your posting in and tell everyone how cool you are.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

lol thats ok you don't need to do that...

if you are getting all three then you can get what ever pitch they have ready to ship or in stock...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM

lol thats ok you don't need to do that...

if you are getting all three then you can get what ever pitch they have ready to ship or in stock...
Chains are expensive.

Ill just get the cheaper one, f ' a D.I.D.

Last edited by ON1WHEEL; 08-10-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
also known as OMR

i got thrust sprockets and a good chain and have been beating them for two years and they still look new just gotta keep em lubed
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

520 pitch = skinny
525 pitch = medium
530 pitch = fat

most stock honda 600's come with 525..
03+ 636's come with 520's stock
most if not all liter bikes come with 530's and r6's come with 532's
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
520 pitch = skinny
525 pitch = medium
530 pitch = fat

What does it matter really? The more power , the fatter you need it looks like the trend is from what you posted. I have a Gix 6 so Ill stick with the 520???
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 PM

i got thrust sprockets and a good chain and have been beating them for two years and they still look new just gotta keep em lubed
Aluminum?

Last edited by ON1WHEEL; 08-10-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

520 pitch = skinny
525 pitch = medium
530 pitch = fat

you know too much about everything
Old 08-10-2007, 04:46 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ON1WHEEL
Aluminun?
thats what i got [on the rear] and the thrust aluminum sprockets seem to last longer then some steal sprockets ive seen [ill mention no names.lol]
Old 08-10-2007, 04:48 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

gearedaluminium products
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
also known as OMR

Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 PM

thats what i got [on the rear] and the thrust aluminum sprockets seem to last longer then some steal sprockets ive seen [ill mention no names.lol]
Vortex aluminum, any good from what you hear? I bought a no name steel one last time I had a bike (98 Gix 750) and that thing took a BEATING.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
also known as OMR

vortex don't last as long as thrust...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:26 PM

Bout to order this chain, should I go 520 or 525?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

if u went with 520 sprockets, then u need a 520 chain, make sure its a o-ring style chain also
Old 08-10-2007, 07:05 PM

if u went with 520 sprockets, then u need a 520 chain, make sure its a o-ring style chain also
RIght, I know that atleast. Will this suffice?

"SRO's O-ring seals and SRX's X-ring seals lock in K3 lube, lock out grit."

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...--13-EK-3.html

EDIT: Didn't read that right, thats an X-ring. Why O-ring?

Last edited by ON1WHEEL; 08-10-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:39 PM

**** it.

I bought a Vortex 15tooth front, a Vortex 50 tooth rear. I bought front and rear Metzler M3's. And I bought an RK X-ring 525 chain. The 02 600's had the 525's stock so I figured why change it. Did some searching around and it seems the only reason people go O-ring is cuz its usually cheaper, but the X-rings last longer. Am I missing something?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
also known as OMR

not really sure what x ring means but thats what i got too

Quick Reply: Do you guys think my front sprocket is trashed?