636 oil and airbox

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 PM

joe98 is a decent person
636 oil and airbox

the little plastic bottle hangin on the side of a 636, if it has oil in it does that mean there is oil in your airbox? what shld you do or is it too late?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 oil and airbox

yes it means there is oil in the air box and if the bike is running then there is probably no damage at all ,but you should consider doing the kleen air mod....

do a google search "stuntlife kleen air mod" there are a few threads that give you a step by step
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
also known as OMR

if i remember this is done on a cali model so you won't have all the same parts as this but you should be able to get a good understanding of how to do the mod
Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Dobey1 is a decent person

636 is a piece of ****!!! You can redirect the line into your clutch/stator case. You tap a hole and screw a fitting into it. Conect the line and you will never see oil. The oil will run in to the case. I have 4 friends who have done this it's the only fix. It works.

PS. or sell it...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by joe98
the little plastic bottle hangin on the side of a 636, if it has oil in it does that mean there is oil in your airbox? what shld you do or is it too late?
It's not to late. No clean air mod... Redirect the line into the case.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Dobey1
636 is a piece of ****!!! You can redirect the line into your clutch/stator case. You tap a hole and screw a fitting into it. Conect the line and you will never see oil. The oil will run in to the case. I have 4 friends who have done this it's the only fix. It works.

PS. or sell it...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
pay no attention to this just do the mod as described because the way he is telling you is the same as just capping of the crank case breather and that is not a good idea because the crank case needs to be able to breath
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 AM
also known as OMR

and if you mean just put the drain tube from the air box in to the cover then that will just hide the oil but won't stop it from going into the air box
Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
pay no attention to this just do the mod as described because the way he is telling you is the same as just capping of the crank case breather and that is not a good idea because the crank case needs to be able to breath
NONONONONO... The oil over flow tub/line, not the breather.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:21 AM
also known as OMR

NONONONONO... The oil over flow tub/line, not the breather.
that would just give the air box another tube to suck hot oily fumes from.....
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 AM

that would just give the air box another tube to suck hot oily fumes from.....
the 636 has a small resivor for oil over flow. when it 12s or on it's side it will fill up. Remover the resivor and run line into motor. The oil creates a loop. Sounds crazy but they have done it for years. No bull ****. I would not make it up.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:28 AM
also known as OMR

the pair mod directs the hot oily fumes directly to the exhaust so it doesn't have to go through the combustion chamber and this is free horse power and it also will not allow the air box to fill up with oil when the bike is running on the bar and oil in your air box can cause your motor to die due to the fact that oil does not compress like air so the pair mod is the way to go....
Old 08-09-2007, 12:30 AM
also known as OMR

the 636 has a small resivor for oil over flow. when it 12s or on it's side it will fill up. Remover the resivor and run line into motor. The oil creates a loop. Sounds crazy but they have done it for years. No bull ****. I would not make it up.
im sure people do this mod the way you describe but it is a waste of time because all you are doing is giving the air box another source of oil ,it will keep the oil from spilling out the tube but thats all it will do....
Old 08-09-2007, 12:34 AM

the pair mod directs the hot oily fumes directly to the exhaust so it doesn't have to go through the combustion chamber and this is free horse power and it also will not allow the air box to fill up with oil when the bike is running on the bar and oil in your air box can cause your motor to die due to the fact that oil does not compress like air so the pair mod is the way to go....
Sounds rite. It was just another trick. I have a few friends who have all done it. I was just another trick. Your way sounds like it will work for longer/healthy motor +HP. The kids that have done no $ so it must be the cheep fix for there problem?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 AM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

im sure people do this mod the way you describe but it is a waste of time because all you are doing is giving the air box another source of oil ,it will keep the oil from spilling out the tube but thats all it will do....
oil does go into the airbox but never gets into the intake because it drains out and back into the motor, the only time you get smoke is when your little catch bottle fills up and the oil has no where to go except the throttle body... so if you have no bottle, you have no smoke
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 AM

PS. or sell it...
you can talk **** about 636 when you kill no handed circles on your f4i... go put another clutch in that pice of **** f4i and then get back to me!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
oil does go into the airbox but never gets into the intake because it drains out and back into the motor, the only time you get smoke is when your little catch bottle fills up and the oil has no where to go except the throttle body... so if you have no bottle, you have no smoke
the oil will only drain down that tube if the bike is at idle or off if the bike is revving there will be a vaccum at that line so you will still get oil in the motor ,with the pair mod it is impossible to get oil in your throttle bodies because the reed valves cause a vaccum from the exhaust rather then a vaccum from the throttle bodies
Old 08-09-2007, 09:20 AM

you can talk **** about 636 when you kill no handed circles on your f4i... go put another clutch in that pice of **** f4i and then get back to me!
Clutch cable... no clutch plates. I have only replaced one in a year fool. Also my replacment was used. Must have busted the Moose cable adjuster doing spreader to Ks. All thanks to you MR. Jonjon 25 revolution no hander.... Ok I owe it all to you are you happy now.

And oldman I told you it can be done...Mr Jonjon 25 revolution no hander is another person who will tell you it works and cost under $5. As you see he is on the 636POS
Old 08-09-2007, 09:41 AM

I can talk **** for the simple fact that I have never had oil running out of my bike from being 12ed or flipped. You have also told me your self that the 636 is a easy bike to ride alot more than the F4i. This is why everyone jumped on the band wagon to get one , so they can try and be the next AC... that MF came from over seas road your bike for a day a placed @ stuntwars? Can he have done that on the F4i? If so, he would have road kennys,Alex, or mine. Im shure he could of had Todds Bulle or a F4i if he wanted. When you come from that far away to win you ride a 636 safe and easy
Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM

the oil will only drain down that tube if the bike is at idle or off if the bike is revving there will be a vaccum at that line so you will still get oil in the motor ,with the pair mod it is impossible to get oil in your throttle bodies because the reed valves cause a vaccum from the exhaust rather then a vaccum from the throttle bodies
motors only make vacuum on decel, put a vacuum gauge on you bike if u dont belive me

Quick Reply: 636 oil and airbox