636 oil and airbox

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 oil and airbox

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
motors only make vacuum on decel, put a vacuum gauge on you bike if u dont belive me
the throttle bodies are sucking in air when the bike is running so it causes a vaccum in the air box and thats where the crankcase vent tube is from the factory along with the drain tube ..

and a motor makes vaccum at idle and at a steady rpm the vaccum will drop under accel but will return at a maintained rpm

and with the pair mod there will be a vaccum at the crankcase because of the reed valves that are under the plates on your valve cover ,they are ported to the exhaust and are designed to create vaccum not pressure and this along with the fact you are no longer getting that hot oily air is why you get a hp gain from doing the pair mod because it causes a vaccum in the crankcase and only gets clean air [clean air mod]....

Last edited by old man roger; 08-09-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dobey1
And oldman I told you it can be done...Mr Jonjon 25 revolution no hander is another person who will tell you it works and cost under $5. As you see he is on the 636POS
it doesn't work it just hides the fact that you have oil in your air box
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
also known as OMR

I can talk **** for the simple fact that I have never had oil running out of my bike from being 12ed or flipped.
an f4i lying on it side will pump oil into the air box i have seen it many times and the fact that we all run extra oil and usually bypass our tip over switch makes the problem worse because the bike doesn't always shut off when the bike os on its side or even up side down
Old 08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
an f4i lying on it side will pump oil into the air box i have seen it many times and the fact that we all run extra oil and usually bypass our tip over switch makes the problem worse because the bike doesn't always shut off when the bike os on its side or even up side down
I'm gonna do something about this cause I just got a F4I. I dont like hydrolocking motors
Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
I'm gonna do something about this cause I just got a F4I. I dont like hydrolocking motors
thats all im saying

it's about a 5 dollar mod that gives you better power and protects your motor and it only takes like twenty minutes to do so why not do it......

the stock t can be used if you just unplug and cap the vaccum line that goes to it and you only really need about 1 foot of hose if you just connect the two factory lines [the one from the pair valve to the crank case vent tube]
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 PM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
the throttle bodies are sucking in air when the bike is running so it causes a vaccum in the air box and thats where the crankcase vent tube is from the factory along with the drain tube ..

and a motor makes vaccum at idle and at a steady rpm the vaccum will drop under accel but will return at a maintained rpm

and with the pair mod there will be a vaccum at the crankcase because of the reed valves that are under the plates on your valve cover ,they are ported to the exhaust and are designed to create vaccum not pressure and this along with the fact you are no longer getting that hot oily air is why you get a hp gain from doing the pair mod because it causes a vaccum in the crankcase and only gets clean air [clean air mod]....
i thought we were talking about stunting not racing... i dont care if my bike is faster or not i just dont want smoke every time i drop my ****!!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

I can talk **** for the simple fact that I have never had oil running out of my bike from being 12ed or flipped. You have also told me your self that the 636 is a easy bike to ride alot more than the F4i. This is why everyone jumped on the band wagon to get one , so they can try and be the next AC... that MF came from over seas road your bike for a day a placed @ stuntwars? Can he have done that on the F4i? If so, he would have road kennys,Alex, or mine. Im shure he could of had Todds Bulle or a F4i if he wanted. When you come from that far away to win you ride a 636 safe and easy
umm... he only asked for my bike because he rides 636 if he rode honda or gsxr im sure he could have placed on those. not safe and easy. light and controlable
Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
i thought we were talking about stunting not racing... i dont care if my bike is faster or not i just dont want smoke every time i drop my ****!!
with a statement like that it is clear you just like to argue because more low end power makes for a better stunt bike .....

you clearly don't understand what the pair mod does and plugging your drain tube into your motor does nothing but hide the fact that you are getting oil in your air box i could type all day to try and get you to understand but that would be a waste i think so i will stop trying ...

peace out..

Last edited by old man roger; 08-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Dobey1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
If you hydrolock your F4i. Wait a while,,,,Put in in 5th/6th gear and push/ roll it backwords for a few min when it feels smoother try starting. if it wont keep trying. It will work I have done this a few times. Im sure the old man will dissagree with me though for the fact that you can bend something. I dont have time to take a motor apart.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:09 PM
also known as OMR

If you hydrolock your F4i. Wait a while,,,,Put in in 5th/6th gear and push/ roll it backwords for a few min when it feels smoother try starting. if it wont keep trying. It will work I have done this a few times. Im sure the old man will dissagree with me though for the fact that you can bend something. I dont have time to take a motor apart.
i only dissagree when your wrong and you can do the roll the bike thing as long as the bike stalled and did't brake any thing but some times if the reves are high when the oil gets in the motor it just destroys the motor instantly.....
Old 08-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Dobey1 is a decent person

your corect! You know you bike ****. how do you know all this ****?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM
also known as OMR

im old i know things....lol
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

omr is so listen to him