front brake prob help.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
front brake prob help.......

hey ive got a little prob with my front brakes.....i just put new pads on...and now the calipers want to stay shut....i had to use a rubber mallet to get the calipers off the rotors......i tried to do a stoppie and almost flipped...hard core.....

im running hh pads with a 05 gsxr 1000 front master.....

would it be better just to buy new calpiers or pay someone to rebuild them????
help asap...........

oh yea do 03 04 600rr calipers fit a f4i
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 PM

Re: front brake prob help.......

??????????????????
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you put in new pads and your res was already full and then you pushed the pistons back in to get the pads on then you might just have to let out some brake fluid....

i would wrap a rag around the res and open it then dump out some break fluid till it is at the full line or a little below and then see if your front wheel spins easier ....

and if you rode it alot like this you may have glazed your new pads so a light sanding may be in order and remember they will not grab that good untill they are broke in again....
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

brake fluid does expand when hot so even if it spins freely right now with the res over full it may tighten up when hot....thats why there is a full line on the res....
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

calipers arnt the problem, is this the first time u installed the Suzuki radial?

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...dials-hbs.html
Old 08-07-2007, 03:07 PM

i used to have the gsxr as my hand brake,,then i got a r1 master and flipped it...so i have the gsxr as my front and the r1 as my rear.....
Old 08-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

weather its for a HB or not, u might wanna try blowing through it like i explain. calipers arnt some crazy contraption and they are only metal pistons with two seals... very simple.. and not likely to go bad.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:21 PM

hummmmm..so yer saying that the master can put pressure on the calipoers but the master has trouble releaseing the fluid back???
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yes sir., sometimes the suzuki radials act like a check valve, and i've noticed at cycle stores on the after market replacment levers for radials master cylinders it has a big WARNING LABLE explaining that they may lock up the front brakes..
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
also known as OMR

try taking out a little fluid before you go taking your master apart ...

and if letting the fluid out doesn't work then wheeliest is probably right but you said this happened when you changed your pads not when you first installed the master....
Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
also known as OMR

friggen squirrels...lol

i kid i kid
Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 PM

hummmm yea it didnt do it till i changed pads............or should i just change the front brake master??? if so whats a good one...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah over flow could possibly create a positive pressure causeing the piston in the master cylinder not being able to come all the way back., i allways stretch my springs out in my mc's so this doesn't happen
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
also known as OMR

it will take two minutes to let some fluid out,just give it a try and if it doesn't work then you don't need a new master you just need to file the pin a little like wheeliest said....
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM

but i have the worst luck with **** like that..i know if i take it apart something is going to get fucked up......even though im pretty handy and somewhat mechanically incline
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Scrapes Elbow

all u gotta do is take the lever off, its real simple...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
yeah over flow could possibly create a positive pressure causeing the piston in the master cylinder not being able to come all the way back., i allways stretch my springs out in my mc's so this doesn't happen
heres what i think could be the problem because it seems like no one is getting what im saying.....

the res was full,then he pushed the pistons back in to the caliper to make room for the thicker pads,this caused the fluid in the res to push the rubber diaphram in the res cap to be pushed up against the cap to allow the fluid that had been displaced by the pistons being pushed back in a place to go....

if you take the cap off the res and let out some fluid i think the pressure in the res will be released and the pads will no longer hang up....

don't just open the bleeder either because you risk getting air in the system and getting fluid on the new pads...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:37 PM

so take the lever off and shave down the pin alittle...

ok heres another prob....i had to put a piece of plastic in between the lever and where it puts pressure,,..so that when i would grab the brake it wouldnt hit my fingers..know what i mean....so that the brake would grab farther out
Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by havok
so take the lever off and shave down the pin alittle...

ok heres another prob....i had to put a piece of plastic in between the lever and where it puts pressure,,..so that when i would grab the brake it wouldnt hit my fingers..know what i mean....so that the brake would grab farther out

you might have mentioned this before
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
heres what i think could be the problem because it seems like no one is getting what im saying.....

the res was full,then he pushed the pistons back in to the caliper to make room for the thicker pads,this caused the fluid in the res to push the rubber diaphram in the res cap to be pushed up against the cap to allow the fluid that had been displaced by the pistons being pushed back in a place to go....

if you take the cap off the res and let out some fluid i think the pressure in the res will be released and the pads will no longer hang up....

don't just open the bleeder either because you risk getting air in the system and getting fluid on the new pads...

ok i did that and aslo sprayed brake cleaner on the calpiers...felt better for about 3 hours..and today it feels like danger all over again.....

Quick Reply: front brake prob help.......