front brake prob help.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: front brake prob help.......

I had a problem that wheelist described with an 06 636 master. Just had to file down the aftermarket lever and everything was cool. There's a good chance that piece of plastic is messing things up to.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah well that little piston in side the MC needs to come all the way back, take that piece out
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

its not doing anything to the brake im sure
like if you took the lever and pushed it away from you and the lever opened up to where you adjust the distance i put it against that,cause with out it i couldnt get the brakes to grab untill i squeezed it and it went all the way to the clipon
Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

well thats your fault for not bleeding correctly, u spacing that is creating PRESSURE on the piston inside the master cylinder, it needs to come back far enough when u release the lever to allow a tiny window hole into the resivour to release pressure... brake system is very delicated.. u cant just space ****... if you want your lever to feel right, learn to bleed correctly, radials are design to have less pull since the stroke is shorter but a bigger bore. my ***** bleed correctly and i run my settings on 3 and **** will lock up before it touches my fingers that are wrapped arround the clip-on
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM

ahhhhhh...ill go take it out...and see what it does hold one sec...

and i bleed the ******* **** out of the damn thing.........
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Scrapes Elbow

bleeding the ****, and bleeding correctly are very different.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM

ok i took that piece out,,,can squeeze it to the throttle control part of the clipon...when i get home from work ill try to bleed it again...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM

ooookkkkk took the peice out,BLEED IT THE RIGHT WAY AGAIN....

AND AGAIN THE GSXR MASTER CAN BE SQUEEZED ALL THE WAY TO THE CLIP ON................................................ ..............

ON THE OTHER SIDE i sprayed the caliper with brake cleaner...and those seem to be working better,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Scrapes Elbow

are you bleeding the bleeder on the master cylinder? are you bleeding each banjo bolt?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 AM

i bleed the bleeder on the master,and on the brakes......still can grab more then normal..
Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

are you still running clipons or have you switched to dirt bars
Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM

still running the fi clipons

heres how my bike looks now..i did it saterdayName:  DSCF0282.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 08-08-2007, 11:56 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok i was just thinking if you had dirt bars you might have your perch on the bend or some thing
Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 PM

yea i dont know what can cause it?? soooo need less to say there will be no stoppies till i fix the prob...

now could it be that since im still using stock front lines with the gsxr radial could be a prob??
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

damn, thats an awesome ****** paint job.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM

thanks took a whole day....

still not done with it either,,im going to put some rust color around the bolts,and some bullet wholes...i want it real assult like
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

i'm thinking about gettin into paintin as a side hobby. anyplace online that can give advice on a paint job like that? i've always wondered how to do that. are u overlapping colors or what?

constantine barbed wire in certain spots might look good too.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM

yea...first you wanna lay down the base color(or your darkest color,which in my case was black...after the black i layed down stencil vynal cut out that i made...then spray it dark grey,more vynal,then light grey...peel off all the vynal.....
Old 08-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Scrapes Elbow

you need to bleed the banjo bolts..
Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM

how do you bleed a banjo.....never heard that one......

Quick Reply: front brake prob help.......