f4i stunt elecrtical mods and idle mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i stunt elecrtical mods and idle mod

ok since the the search isnt workin i'll do this the age old squidtastic way since i cant find my damn service manual

i haven't had to setup a bike in FOREVER so i've forgotten alot so i have three questions

both wiring questions i need for the wiring harness itself since i dont have the switchhousings or any of the gauge/headlight harness

1. which two wires do i need to splice together for the tip sensor?

2. which two do i splice together for the clutch sensor

3. which of the two spots do i screw the 900rr idle cable mod.... looking from the seat forward there is one on the left and one on the right.... which one do i replace with the cable?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i stunt elecrtical mods and idle mod

1. Red and Green
2. Not sure
3. Pick one.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

If Your Rockin Headlights You Got To Cut The Wires At The Actual Sensor Mounted Under Your Windscreen Under The Gauges. The 2 Out Side Wires. Red And Green. Solder Them Together. And Tape Off The White One.. If You Dont Have Headlights And Turnsignals And All That You Wire The 2 Outside Wires Red And Green Togeather At The Main Harness That Goes To The Upper. Its The Cleanest Way To Do It If You Dont Use The Upper. But The Headlight Wont Work Unless You Loop It Right At The Tip Sensor.. And For The Clutch Sensor.. Im Not Sure . Mine Was Unhooked When I Got It.. I Just Hooked It Up And It Dint Change Anything.. Does It Make It So You Can Only Start The Bike With The Clutch In? I Dont Know.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:51 AM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

No it makes it so you can start in gear. I'm doing the idle mod next week. 900rr the longest cable anyone?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

Oh Dude Just Ground Out The Netral Wire.. It Plugs In The Motor Just Under The Front Sprocket. Problem Solved
Old 07-29-2007, 01:52 PM

its cool i found the clutch one.... its the brown/green one and the green/white one on the other part of the wiring harness that's shaped the same as the one where you eliminate the tip sensor... i just took one of those insulated paperclips and stripped a little of the tip(like you would to splice a wire) and made a u shape and plugged it into the harness... did the same for the tip sensor.... looks clean and you dont have to hack up your harness to do it.... i'm not at the shop or i'd go take a pic... just make sure to cover the end neatly in electrical tape afterwards. you can do the same at the bottom of the bike for your kickstand sensor for you guys doin kickstand tricks
Old 07-29-2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by matt360
No it makes it so you can start in gear. I'm doing the idle mod next week. 900rr the longest cable anyone?
yes the 900rr one fits perfect.... there are three screws that are right where the throttlecables hook up....pick either the left or the right one but whatever you do DONT try to replace the middle screw, its the screw that sincs your throttlebodies! i replaced the one on the left w/ the 900 cable so that it wouldnt rub against the throttlecables.... then just run it out to the left right under where your airbox intake is
Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 PM

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard f2 and f3s are longer than the 900rr
Old 07-29-2007, 07:35 PM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeith
yes the 900rr one fits perfect.... there are three screws that are right where the throttlecables hook up....pick either the left or the right one but whatever you do DONT try to replace the middle screw, its the screw that sincs your throttlebodies! i replaced the one on the left w/ the 900 cable so that it wouldnt rub against the throttlecables.... then just run it out to the left right under where your airbox intake is
Thanks for the information man.