f4i front end twisting??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i front end twisting??

I was going to keep it but the damn thing is always gettin crooked, I have loosed the triple trees got it what looked straight and before i know it after ridin for a bit there crooked again, Is it that they are just that week of a triple tree?? The last thing to do is actually i guess take them off and try to use a balance to get them straight? I am tired of this thinking of just going to the liter front end i.e. 954 929 you know
Suggestions or any advice ??
Thx
Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Re: f4i front end twisting??

OR does anyone have similar issues with there f4i front end?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:27 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol??? in confused, has any part of your front end been in an accident? maybe they are bent. and to properly adjust your front end you have to loosen all the triple fork clamps, your front axle and your stering stem nut.
its all or nothing.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

yes i loosened the triple clamps and got em srtaight, but than they are crooked again, now that you mention it, the bike was looped out in a second gear woolie, before i bought it! frame? you think?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ERDMANN
yes i loosened the triple clamps and got em srtaight, but than they are crooked again, now that you mention it, the bike was looped out in a second gear woolie, before i bought it! frame? you think?

I doubt its your frame...sounds like your triple may be outta whack.....
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

i hasd the same prob a week or so ago....couldnt get the forks straight at all...till i tried this....
what i did was i put the bike on a jack with cables holding up the front end,took out the forks...put them back in,(didnt tighten down the pinch bolts yet...loosened up the yolk nut..(big one on top..) put the clipons back on....then i spun the front wheel as hard as i could and had my gf grab the front brake hard..and kink (sound it made..) tightened up the pinch bolts,then yolk,then adjusted my clipons...went down the road....straight as a arrow
hope that helps
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by havok
i hasd the same prob a week or so ago....couldnt get the forks straight at all...till i tried this....
what i did was i put the bike on a jack with cables holding up the front end,took out the forks...put them back in,(didnt tighten down the pinch bolts yet...loosened up the yolk nut..(big one on top..) put the clipons back on....then i spun the front wheel as hard as i could and had my gf grab the front brake hard..and kink (sound it made..) tightened up the pinch bolts,then yolk,then adjusted my clipons...went down the road....straight as a arrow
hope that helps
ok nice i will try that this weekend, before i just loosened the triple clamps and just tried to line it up straight, but i will try to spin the wheel, like you ae saying
THX
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM

ok heres what to do

1..losen clamps
2..losen top triple nut.
3..spin wheel hard as you can..
4..grab hand brake hard..
5..tighten clamps
6..tighten triple nut.
7..take for a test ride..
8.. rock a dope ss if it worked..
9..give me props if it work/or tell me im a ***. lol
10..?????????
Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

all makes sense except i don't get the spin the wheel thing
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
all makes sense except i don't get the spin the wheel thing
Ive heard of it somewhere else too. Aligns everything.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hhhmm well i geuss it couldn't hurt now im gonna do it every time i have my front end apart or loose....lol
Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ok heres what to do

1..losen clamps
2..losen top triple nut.
5..tighten clamps
6..tighten triple nut.
8.. rock a dope ss if it worked..
9..give me props if it work/or tell me im a ***. lol
10..?????????
aiighhtttt, I will get to this ASAP!!! definatley let you know what happens:YEAH
Old 07-26-2007, 12:17 PM

jayfromthebay is a decent person

im having the same problem also any advice be great

i loose everything up such as the two top bolts under the clip ons and the lower tree bolts and the top bolt on the tree and aslo the axle bolts and it still goes back to the left when doing ss and sd !!
how do i know my forks are bent ??? and also can it be the tree thats tweak thats making it go to left each time !!!

and another thing i can straighten it each time like a bicycle , then when get back on it it goes to the left i must be stupid or im doing something wrong ?

1..losen clamps
2..losen top triple nut.
5..tighten clamps
6..tighten triple nut.
8.. rock a dope ss if it worked

i ll try this method and let u know was up
Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 AM

by spinning the wheel ,when you grab the brake it stops the wheel really hard with causes the alinement of the front,while eveyting is loose...

how did you guys make out with it..
Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

by spinning the wheel ,when you grab the brake it stops the wheel really hard with causes the alinement of the front,while eveyting is loose...

how did you guys make out with it..
Hey wadup

So the front end is now straight!! MAD PROPS TO YOU!!! but i think it is bent cause i hold it straight and bend it while i tightenedit, it didnt want to just naturally sit straight! and even though it looks straight it just still seems tweaked like turning and in stoppies fallin to the left hard, the tire is some what kinda worn to that side but i dont think should affect it that much,
Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 PM

are your forks adjusted to the same on each side...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

are your forks adjusted to the same on each side...
YAH I made them the same but i havent checked the bottom in a month but they should both be the same, i made the top the same this weekend again! both tubes are at the same hieght, i dropped the trees a 1/4 to hopefully help with flex and to give it a lower balance point for stoppies
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ERDMANN
YAH I made them the same but i havent checked the bottom in a month but they should both be the same, i made the top the same this weekend again! both tubes are at the same hieght, i dropped the trees a 1/4 to hopefully help with flex and to give it a lower balance point for stoppies
i do just the oppisite ,i lower my forks in to the tripple to make the balance point larger and easier to find
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM

^^^^ huh...

so what are you doing...lowering your tubes(so that your triples are higher)on the tubes.????
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
also known as OMR

^^^^ huh...

so what are you doing...lowering your tubes(so that your triples are higher)on the tubes.????
exactly ...

it makes the window of your balance point larger ,meaning it is easier to stay in that nice rolling stoppie rather then a power stoppie

Quick Reply: f4i front end twisting??