f4i front end twisting??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i front end twisting??

OK that makes sense, my biggest concern was gettin gmore bite on the tubes so they they wouldnt twist as easier, so you lower the the forks so basically you and your bike would be higher in a stoppie?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

hummmmmm.....i might try that.....
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i got the idea from nags , he use to hang around alot with gorka and he has done alot of testing on stoppie setups and lets face it if your gonna take advise about stoppies then i think gorka is one of the people who should always be listened to....
Old 07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Yah I hear that, i will try that for sure!

Thanks Old guy
Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you don't have a good tire make sure you transfer your weight forward because the way you had it the front grips better and you can just grab a handfull of break

the way i have it if you don't have a good tire you may tend to lock up the front tire a little but once your up it is way better and more forgiving as far as loopping out..lol
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you don't have a good tire make sure you transfer your weight forward because the way you had it the front grips better and you can just grab a handfull of break

the way i have it if you don't have a good tire you may tend to lock up the front tire a little but once your up it is way better and more forgiving as far as loopping out..lol
DAMN! never thought about that, YOU ARE THE MAN ROGER!!
You ever get that ABS feel up front heard that it could be the calipers sticking?, the weak f4i tubes pogogoing maybe? i was gonna clean the piston walls and the caliper in general
Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
also known as OMR

most rotors nowadays are floating rotors and when the rivits [the chrome o's that hold the two peices together] get old and loose they tend to vibrate a little under extreme braking ,but check to see if you have bent rotors or if you have play in your head bearing or wheel bearings
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 PM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap. I'm keeping this post case this ever ends up happening to me. Great advice from everyone.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

My F4 forks did the same. No matter how straight I got them when everything was loose. 2 mins later they were crooked. Most likely it's bent for tubes.

And Ive heard the Gorka method too. It goes against the principles of placing Straight clip ons up top. Its a give take. What do you want, better controls for wheelies? or better Stoppie setup? Compromise.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 AM

slow1000 is a decent person

put the forkon oppisit sides leave the brakes off and tighten it up if it goes to the right its a bad fork if it goes left still its a bad tree
Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Outer Diameter of the axel is larger on the left fork leg than the right. You'd have to install the wheel backward too. You could mount the brakes, but they'd be on the outside! lol
Old 08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by slow1000
put the forkon oppisit sides leave the brakes off and tighten it up if it goes to the right its a bad fork if it goes left still its a bad tree
????

yAH ITS CROOKED ALREADY AGAIN! one ride and just being hauled in the truck
Old 08-04-2007, 12:19 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive had same problems, recently reaelised that the fork is BENT, so is the wheel and both discs got a stunt comp in 2 weeks time, I can't do stoppies or donuts, or ride in a straight line and I have no money
Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by Sparks!
Ive had same problems, recently reaelised that the fork is BENT, so is the wheel and both discs got a stunt comp in 2 weeks time, I can't do stoppies or donuts, or ride in a straight line and I have no money
That sucks you are really in a jam, a friend, ebay, salvage yard, something i am sure sell what good parts you got or sell it dicounted or somethinng and try to find a cheap one some where good luck man