NEED HELP with wiring::: HONDA CBR F3

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:47 PM

LOZ- is a decent person
NEED HELP with wiring::: HONDA CBR F3

sup guys and gals,

I just removed the headlight and gauges off my F3..... but I need to know which wire/s to run straight so my bike can once again run

I got 3 wires hanging from the keyswitch and one from the start engine button.... but which do I attach it too.... please help.

this is my first street fighter bike, so any help is greatly appreciated. :YEAH
Old 06-29-2007, 07:39 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person
Re: NEED HELP with wiring::: HONDA CBR F3

hmmm, i dont know **** about the f3, but i don't think that there is supposed to be any wires hagin off the keyswitch & starter

if you're trying to bypass the tipover, connect the red & the green from ur headlight switch (this is how its done on the f4i, dont know about the f3)

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...er-sensor.html
Old 06-30-2007, 04:57 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

^thanks. but my headlight and gauges are completely taken off... all i have is the wires hanging from the ignition, which is 3 of them.... and then I got the wires hanging from my starter switch...... other than that, the main part of the harness is there, but the majority of those wires are useless..... since I only need the key to switch on, and the starter button to work.

Im thinking about putting all the wires back together tomorrow and see if the bike will turn on. and then go one by one.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Loz1000rr
Im thinking about putting all the wires back together tomorrow and see if the bike will turn on. and then go one by one.
thats would prolly be the fastest way to figure it out...take off the headlight connector last.

p.s. i also have everything off, headlight and gauges...the only thing i had to alter after taking it off was the headlight connector because the tip-over wires run through it. wat i don't get is WHY u had to disconnect ur ignition and starter.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
wat i don't get is WHY u had to disconnect ur ignition and starter.
because I am a noob and I thought i had it all figured out. but whatever, I guess I learned something out of this. so ill just wire it all back up and then go 1 by 1. i never had a stuntbike before, so everything i attempt on this is a learning exp for me.... though I managed to change the rear pads on the brake :YEAH
Old 06-30-2007, 06:51 PM

LOZ- is a decent person

:YEAH alright, I just finished wiring the bike back up. now it turns on but i hear it knockin... sometimes more than other.... what couldve caused this? the bike wasnt knockin before
Old 06-30-2007, 08:11 PM

maybe 2 of the connectors that u disconnected are loose and are hitting each other from the vibration?

jk, i can't think of anything "wiring" related that would cause a knocking sound.

where is this sound coming from?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:10 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

i can't think of anything "wiring" related that would cause a knocking sound.

where is this sound coming from?
I couldnt think of anything wiring related either....and I did match everything up. the bike could use a good oil + filter change too.... i looked at the oil and there was barely any.

the sound is coming right from where the sparkplugs are..... the head of the motor.

it was having a hard time turning on, like i would have to gas it in order for it to turn on.... and then if i would open the throttle, it would kinda die down and then respond..... so im really puzzled by this...
Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

your running out of gas
Old 07-01-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
your running out of gas

im gonna die if this is actually the problem.

regarding the knocking sound, put it in gear and pull in the clutch(all the way), does it stop knockin?

Last edited by DirtyToes; 07-01-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
your running out of gas
it cant be. I put a full tank before I left your house.... and i live about 50 - 60 miles away from you.....
Old 07-01-2007, 10:10 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

im gonna die if this is actually the problem.

regarding the knocking sound, put it in gear and pull in the clutch(all the way), does it stop knockin?
im going to try that sometime this week.... prob not till my days off... so ill keep ya posted.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the only reason i said gas is because some bikes when they run out of gas will get a spark knock[commonly called pinging]right before they run out completely
Old 07-02-2007, 03:21 AM

LOZ- is a decent person

what i was trying to do was just to have the ignition wire, and the starter wire and nothing else, but I dont know how to hard wire that, so im just going to wrap all the wires up and tuck then into the frame somewhere.