another hand brake problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 PM

shane delatorre is a decent person
another hand brake problem.

ok so i got the hand brake installed it bled it. now when i use it the pressure stays and wont release. i have to use a bleeder to let the pressure off. any one have this problem and some help to correct it.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Re: another hand brake problem.

Originally Posted by shane delatorre
ok so i got the hand brake installed it bled it. now when i use it the pressure stays and wont release. i have to use a bleeder to let the pressure off. any one have this problem and some help to correct it.
try taking some fluid out of the reservoir
Old 06-18-2007, 02:30 PM

sweet thanks i'll give that a try
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

that should work but if it doesn't you may have some crap in your front master or the lever isn't releasing the rod that pushes the piston inside the master..

check the front master for damage that may be causing the lever to stick
Old 06-18-2007, 03:50 PM

alright, i took out some oil, and the foot brake works great, but the lever gets stuck. so i guess i'll take it apart and see what i can find. thanks guys
Old 06-18-2007, 03:56 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem. Caliper would squeez but not release unless I released the bleeder. I figured it was the master so I took it off and bought a bremo. Should be in the mail today so I'll tell if it worked.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ther is a pressure release hole in side the master that lets the fluid go back in to the resivour if it has a peace of crap in it then when you pull the hand brake it will cause the brakes to stick...

an easy way to tell if its clogged is to blow thru the hole that the brake line bolts too and with the cap off the resivour you should be able to here air coming out of the resivour,do this test with the lever off and then with it on if it flows air with the lever off but not with the lever on then you may need to grind a little off the pin that pushes the piston inside the master....

if it doesn't flow either way then you have a clogged return and you will have to take apart the master and clean out all the holes
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I grinded my master down so I could place the clutch lever up close and I figured I just melted something in there.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM

i've tried every thing and nothing works so i'm sending it back to fullthrottle today
Old 06-19-2007, 06:58 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shane delatorre
i've tried every thing and nothing works so i'm sending it back to fullthrottle today

Depending on the adaptor you used your banjo bolt may be too long and bottoming into the scavenger port plate of the rear master. Grind down the banjo or if you dont have access to a grinder place 1 extra crush washer in the mix. Look into your master, you will see a circle where the banjo bolt was bottoming into the master. Kinda like trying to drink out of a straw when the end of the straw is square against the bottom of the cup....ya dig?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:49 PM

alright, i'll give that a try, thanks for the tip.