another stand up ques. about B.P.???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:07 PM

jixxxer is an unknown quantity at this point
another stand up ques. about B.P.???

Ok, I'll explain best i can. first off I ride a 01 gixxer 750 with +2 rear and -1 front sprocket and am triying this in 2nd gear. Ive read about the b.p. on standups being the floating feeling or the oh ****(for the first timers), well if you feel like your gonna loop it back, but your really at the b.p., how are u gonna know the difference? I can bring it up nice and smooth but then i get the oh ****, i better bring it down and chop off the throttle and down it comes. Can some one plz. help me. I really want to do some good highway standups!

Thanks!!!1
Old 05-19-2003, 04:59 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
cover the rear brake - this way when you start to panic that you are to far back, cover the brake to ensure you dont loop. The 1st few times, you are not as high as you think you are.

good luck & careful.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:07 PM

jixxxer is an unknown quantity at this point
I figured i was probally not as high as it felt, but is there another way to describe the balance point and once you hit it, how do u controll the throttle so it doesnt come back down.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:15 PM

Kary SSB is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you have someone ride beside you and snap a pic or video? That helps big time to see how high you are. The easiest way to see where the balance point is is to get next to a car, pop it up and stay with that car. If you are pulling away your not high enough. Also, when you are nearing that balance point, the bike gets a lot more sensitive to your leaning inputs.

And cover that rear brake.....or better yet, hit that brake and get used to it....it needs to become second nature.

P.S. about the controlling the throttle so that is does not come back down.....simple, dont get off the gas(and practice). Your body just simply does not want it(defense mechenism). You have to push yourself past that.

Last edited by Kary SSB; 05-20-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:10 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Kary SSB
Can you have someone ride beside you and snap a pic or video? That helps big time to see how high you are.
dont use a pic to figure the BP, sitting and standing alone will change the angle of the bike-example x and y are doing wheelies by eachother, x is 145 lbs doing a standup, and y is 230 pounds doing a sit down. y's bike will not be as high because he has more weight twords the back of the bike, so if x looks over and says-"hey we're at the same speed, and he's not even close to looping, i'll pull it back more" then -BOOM- as far as learning....PRACTICE