Long Endos please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:30 PM

armystuntpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Long Endos please help

Ok when I try to go a long way (over 50 feet or 50 miles per hour) I can't go straight i have went allmost 150 feet before but its all side ways and im still going like 20 or 30 so i can't hold them any longer they look like S$%# and I want to get this down. if Im going like 30 then its all good but you know it won't go that far but the endo is straight and i hold it at the end.
Thats cool for the cars at the light but my goal is 300 feet by july

Help me go far, fear is not a problem at all.

Last edited by armystuntpimp; 05-19-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:11 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
Its definately tough getting used to longer endo's. Took me a while. I found out my road really sucks. Its crowned so the middle is higher than the sides. So rain will pour off the sides. Its all about getting to that balance point right off the bat, so that you are barely touching the break and you just have to use a lot of body language. My damper seems to help a little. That or its just mental and makes me feel better.

but I dunno, 150 ft is pretty god damn impressive to me dude. Later,
Jared
Old 05-19-2003, 03:04 PM

Gearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Once you're up in the air, hit the back brake and stop the back tire from spinning. When the tire is spinning, it creates a gyroscopic effect (remember those gyroscopes you had when you were a kid?) and thus if you get the rear end moving in any direction, it will want to continue to go in that direction. Just try it- my .02

Paul
Old 05-19-2003, 05:16 PM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point
gearheads on the money. do this, it will help. my friend did that and told me too and it wurks but i had to get used to it and took a lil while. hittin it in the air and id concentrate on that and always drop my endo. keep at it and it pays off!
Old 05-20-2003, 01:14 AM

Thanks for the input

I'm not thinking that the stop the rear tire jive works I stop the tire just because it looks cool. I havn't felt any difference stoped or not, I guess thats the reason why alot of people are not going 800 feet. You know just rolling up to the light from the light you just rode thought One block Endos

Last edited by armystuntpimp; 05-20-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:41 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gearhead
[B]Once you're up in the air, hit the back brake and stop the back tire from spinning.

o.k. for long endos whatever you do dont hit the back brake. i know for a fact you dont want to do this. you want that gyroscopic effect actually because it keeps you inline. just go post this question on any top pros board and i guarantee you will get the same answer,and no i cant roll em far i just know people that can.
lata,
mike
Old 05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Gearhead
Once you're up in the air, hit the back brake and stop the back tire from spinning. When the tire is spinning, it creates a gyroscopic effect (remember those gyroscopes you had when you were a kid?) and thus if you get the rear end moving in any direction, it will want to continue to go in that direction. Just try it- my .02

Paul
i dont know bro, i say dont hit the back break, i say the first thing you do is invest about 400 dollars into a steering dampner , either a scotts or a GPR, i run a gpr , and i jumped from 200 feet with no dampner to over 400 feet in two days with a dampner and im only going 65, its all about heigth, look at thew , brian C6, Joe Brown, gorka, look how high they all gettin, theres alot of other riders out there all rollin far, and youll see they all are high and looking forward the whole time, and lock your arms, too, not a pro , but im chasin after all the said above names...lol
Old 05-20-2003, 07:25 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't hit the rear brake until I am about to drop the rear end and I have not had any problems with the rear end swaying out.
A steering dampner is a must for long endos because you need height. I can roll 150 ft around 65 mph without a dampner but have had a few tank slappers when trying to roll past 200ft.

it is all about body position, stiff arms, looking forward the whole time and brake technic.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:40 PM

ZannMann,
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, bro. All the top pros don't hit the back brake? Try telling this to Patrick Stephens of Point of Balance-probably one of the best.

Paul
Old 05-21-2003, 10:55 AM

So there is no magic words

I can't just close my eyes and pray I guess not. Im not tring to go a 1000 feet or something but I do want to go aleast 300 feet I will keep you guys up to date. Thanks for all the help guys keep bring more info as you get it.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
Originally posted by Gearhead
ZannMann,
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, bro. All the top pros don't hit the back brake? Try telling this to Patrick Stephens of Point of Balance-probably one of the best.

Paul
true ,true. he does use the rear brake, but hey. when it all comes down to it. i guess everyone just has to figure out thier own method.
lata,
zannmann
Old 05-21-2003, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I think when it comes down to it, everybody just has to figure out what works for them. What works for some may not work for others.

Paul
Old 05-21-2003, 10:35 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
im not saying this is the correct way, but its the way i do my stoppies, so far i got to 140 somethin feet.

i dont pull in the cluthc when i endo, i just hit the brakes the very instant i let go the gas, and i mean the very instant. something i give a little blip of gas right before i hit the brakes....seems to be working for me.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Big stoppies

Heres my 2 cents....
First off get an aftermarket damper if you dont have one. I went from 250' to 410' within a half hour of putting a damper on my bike...it gets rid of ALL the head shake/wobbliness.
I used to get so frustrated because my stoppies would kick out EVERY time I did one, and nobody could give me an answer as to why, but heres what I did to stop it (and now I am rollin about 425' consistently).
First...a long flat road is a must (obviously). You gotta steer them to an extent, but not too much because you will oversteer and it will kick out the other direction. If it is kicking out the second you are bringing it up, you arent getting it up fast enough. It sucks because its scary when you are first getting used to it, but thems the brakes.....deal with it!
Try locking your arms and turning your elbows outwards away from your body (I dont know why it works.....but it does). Then, the steering is done with your shoulders. Its really hard to explain but I'll try.......
If the *** end of the bike starts to drift to the right, I kind of dip my shoulders to the RIGHT....and bring the bike back in to the left with my lower body. Its almost as if you are steering the bike back underneath itself while your body stays in the same position. I dont move my torso at all.
You gotta have the bike all the way up for it to work....if the rear tire is only a foot off the ground, there is no way you will be able to bring it back if it kicks out.
I hope this helps at least a little......I'm a shitty "explainer"!!!!

Later, MEllen
Old 05-23-2003, 09:36 PM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
PS......

Dont worry about the back brake! Let that bitch spin

Mellen
Old 05-25-2003, 11:49 AM

Well after all the respondes

I put some of the things you guys told me to use, When i first started the lock the arms thing was the best but then it started going all crazy again it was fine untill we got the cam out to put it on film so i think it all in my mind if im on a stunt ride with nobody there its all good but as so as there is a cam or people i start to mess up so im going to keep tring hard to get used to it, thanks for all the help you guys are the best be SAFE

I will post some video tonite maybe if i get a cable for the cam if thats cool
Old 05-25-2003, 02:23 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
This past weekend i had the best time of my life. I got to hang out with cbo and gimix from DM Extreme (oh ya, and hodge). We went to that comp in glenwood iowa. Friday night i got to hang out with all the best.

Thew from 1096 took us out partying, and i talked to him about stoppies and here's what he had to say:

1.) lock your elbows
2.) counter steer, if the rear kicks right, put your weight on the right clip on and it will keep it from kicking out.
3.) get the bike up to balance point fast. balance point is when the bike is weightless. For most bikes that feels VERY high but it's natural. scares me to death but it's way up there. (me as in binder929rr, not thew)
4.) look way far forward. This one confused me but it made sense when he told me. Keep your head up and look way out in front of you. Thew looks probablya mile away when he's doing his totally awsome stoppies. He said looking that far forward makes everything happening around you seem not so overwelming.

that's all i can remember right now. he's smart as hell when it comes to stunting so im' using all his advice. Thew, thanks for the great time at the club, you are the man and i hope to see you in st. louis next weekend!!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:25 AM

j.b. is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know what your talking bout mellen,shitty explainer?That is the best explaination of how to do long endos ive ever seen,pimp.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:01 AM

going side ways at the end

Well everyone did helped but i went to far! Like right in to one of my friend on his bike, but im going far i will post video as soon as my girl gives my the cam but.

929 Streetfighter the works so help me if you know any info or maybe ideas
Old 06-04-2003, 01:03 AM

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dragon2.gif
Views:	155
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	21702  

Quick Reply: Long Endos please help