changed my grip and notice throttle handle cracked

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM

racinghart is an unknown quantity at this point
changed my grip and notice throttle handle cracked

okay... i was changing my grips today and when i took off my throttle side the throttle plastic handle is cracked all the way down. is this something i can take apart and change or will a service technician have to replace it?

the throttle works fine its just now i notice its cracked and i wanna get it taken care of before i throw the new grips on
Old 05-21-2007, 02:06 PM

racinghart is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: changed my grip and notice throttle handle cracked

ill take it to honda next week hhaha
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

thats not good at all, you probably damaged your throttle bodies and and cables from riding on a cracked tube.. and they aren't cheap, its gonna run you about 350 dollars for a new one

good luck
Old 05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by racinghart
okay... i was changing my grips today and when i took off my throttle side the throttle plastic handle is cracked all the way down. is this something i can take apart and change or will a service technician have to replace it?

the throttle works fine its just now i notice its cracked and i wanna get it taken care of before i throw the new grips on

Cracked tube is no big deal....the question is are you capable of replacing it? 20-25 bucks and 1/2 hour to replace....
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by racinghart

The bike is shot. Sell it to me for $200