Dirt bike bars & Clutch lever

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Dirt bike bars & Clutch lever

Wassup SL? I just put DBB's on my bike and I hate them. I also put on an EZ Pull Clutch Lever which is harder to pull in then the stock lever that I had. Someone told me that it's harder to pull in because its a shorter lever - does that make any sense? If I went back to my stock lever and cut it down because I put on the hand brake too, do you think it would be just as hard to pull in as the EZ Pull lever? And finally, if I stunt with the DBB's am I gonna mess myself up if I wanna go back to clip ons? After riding with the DBB's on for 1 hour, I'm starting to think I'm a clip on guy and not meant for DBB's. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:49 AM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: Dirt bike bars & Clutch lever

did you put the cable in the right hole??
Old 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yeah it's all set up right. I bring the bike to a shop because I know nothing about how to put **** together.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

haha just make sure the clutch cable is in the closest hole to were the cable goes through. if it isn't the people that work there are stupid, which in most cases they are
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Yeah sounds like it's in the wrong hole.. Easy pulls are 1 finger easy... huge differance in stock... And some people are DB bar kind of people and some are clip on kind of people. I am a DB kinda guy but have FF so I flipped and turned mine out.. I can go right back to stock no problem just don't pefer that feeling.. too cramped up and harder to puch and pull the bike while on the back or front tire..
Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
Yeah sounds like it's in the wrong hole.. Easy pulls are 1 finger easy... huge differance in stock... And some people are DB bar kind of people and some are clip on kind of people. I am a DB kinda guy but have FF so I flipped and turned mine out.. I can go right back to stock no problem just don't pefer that feeling.. too cramped up and harder to puch and pull the bike while on the back or front tire..
Yeah its actually in the right hole - and after riding w the DBB's for a couple of weeks I'm hooked. I'm riding FF too w the DBB's. Its the ****. I was so bothered about my choice when I left the shop but now I'm good.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

post up pics of your easy pull gotta be wrong hole, or mismatched settings i could pull mine with my pinky
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by dscamry
post up pics of your easy pull gotta be wrong hole, or mismatched settings i could pull mine with my pinky
I'm gonna take some pics today and post them up. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

which adjuster are you using? i took out the one that came with it and put the stock adjuster in. not as bigg. plus make sure the grove for the cable is facing front of bike or it will eat cables! didn't know if ou knew that but figured id tell you anyway
Old 04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

get a longer clutch cable

the new bars will have the cable routed in some way to cause friction
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 If your clutch cable seems short then it's not helping.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by dscamry
which adjuster are you using? i took out the one that came with it and put the stock adjuster in. not as bigg. plus make sure the grove for the cable is facing front of bike or it will eat cables! didn't know if ou knew that but figured id tell you anyway
I actually didnt know that. I took some pics - they came out crappy but here they are. It looks like its hooked up right but you let me know what you think. I actually just bought the EZ pull system and I have the raptor ez pull lever so I'm thinking with both of these that it should be straight. Dont know if these pics even help at all but what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	193445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	193446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	193447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	193448  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

clutch cable is in the wrong hole. it's in hole (a) when it's suppose to be in hole (c). and yes hole (b) is in the middle.

hope that helps!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:03 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

it has to go in the hole closest to you ..and put the adjuster aiming towards it....(the thing that holds the cable...)
Old 04-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup your pics tell everything. Look how your cable is bent as it goes in the lever. If you put it in the other hole there will be a lot less tension on the cable and then you have a easy pull.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
NealFoReal

Thanks for your help. I'm gonna have it switched and see how that **** works out. I'll let y'all know.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:48 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

where you stuntin in queens?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
NealFoReal

I practice in LI. Got a big parking lot there. Also got a couple of big empty streets i practice on in Queens. The queens spots dont compare to the LI spots though. How about you?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

no stuntin yet, trying to this season. i'll be down to meet up with you if you want and maybe you could give me some pointers
Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
NealFoReal

I'm in the learning phase too but I feel myself getting better and better every day. Right now i'm just messing around with wheelies and stoppies - trying to get my wheelies slower. This past weekend was a good weekend - something clicked this weekend. Let me know if you wanna meet up though. I got a bunch of people that I chill with who are showing me things. And to everyone else - thanks for your help w the ez pull. It is like butter right now. I had my tech guy add the ez pull system w the raptor lever and switched holes and it is like butter. Appreciate all the help. I'll post pics later.