general tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 05:48 PM

graffreedom is an unknown quantity at this point
general tips

i never rode a street bike before but i have road quads and im pretty good on my 800lbs less bmx bike. Speed isnt wat im after i want to do wheelies, burn outs and endos.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
cover the rear brake when doing wheelies. Don't grab to much brake when doing endos, and cover the clutch when doing burnouts.

Learn how to ride your streetbike good, before trying some stunting. You need to know your bike good before you can get good.

Don't do what you see people do, do what you want to do. In other words don't try something just because you saw someone else do it.

Don't push your limits.
Oh and wear your gear, when your learning, or all the time.
You might see alot of guys doing stoppies or 12's without helmets and ****, but these guys are obviousley confident that they have mastered the stunt there doing.

thats all I can say unless you get more specific with your ?'s
Old 05-13-2003, 03:48 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
read all the other posts on wheelies and start adding up all the info. there are like 10 posts on wheelies right now so there is a lot of info already out there for you.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
definately get to know your bike. it doesn't take much for things to go from bad to worse , take your time and be safe. good luck
Old 05-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
I can honestly say that you can learn a lot from just reading the topics that are out there right now. I've learned a **** load about stunts that I don't even plan on doing for a while. Everyone here is great though, fast responses and solid advice. Just don't be scared to ask questions. No question is a dumb question.....
Old 05-14-2003, 11:56 AM

thanks guys

i cant wait to get my bike. im definitly going to get used to my bike first. im not enen thinking about 12s they are crazy!!! i think il; get used to the bike in less than a week and then start doing burn outs and wheelies.
basicallly for a burout you need to transfer your weight to the front of the bike and hold the front brake in and give it gas let the clutch out slowly and let the tire smke.

the most important thing i have to get used to is the clutch and how to let it out correctly.

for wheelies i think ill first stand up going relativly slow 10 mph or so and push down on the forks and as the pressure is released gas it . alittle at first until i get the feel of it. basically every thing has to be done easy and slowly at first until i get THE FEEL FOR IT.

am i totally wrong about this? the main thing is get the FEEL FOR IT.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:07 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know how much power the bike your getting has but if its a 600, you shouldn't have to bounce a 1st gear wheelie. If you want to do first gear wheelies, bring your RPMs up high, let off the throttle, and when the front dips down, open her up. It'll lift.
2nd gear you'll have to bounce or clutch it up.

Just be careful, cause one week of riding aint ****. If you never rode before, I would say get 1-2000 miles under your belt before you start stunting.

Oh and be ready to fall. It will happen eventually.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM

falling

im ready to fall i know that! does any one k now where there is video of captian americas being done? that trick looks fake i need to see a video
Old 05-15-2003, 01:22 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
No its real

Pat from pob does it all the time ints on 110% video from Darksyde entertainment
Old 05-19-2003, 10:34 PM

Cbr600F4 is an unknown quantity at this point
first wheelie

ive never tryed to do a wheelie before, i got a lot of info off this site and tryed for the first time today and my friend told me i got it a good 3-3 1/2 ft up.
For my the best method was clutchin it, i felt like i had a lot more control. I just slipped in the clutch at about 5 grand and let it out at aroun 7-7,500 and up she came. It took about 20minutes of it just jerkin around first though
Old 05-20-2003, 02:46 AM

BANDIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont take this the wrong way. But Graf, you should take more time than a week to start trying wheelies. A month or two of just learning to ride would be a start.

A motorcycle is a world of difference from a BMX or Quad. It will get you hurt in a heart beat. Take your time and learn slow.