01 F4i Stator Update ! ! ! good info......

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 AM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point
01 F4i Stator Update ! ! ! good info......

So AGAIN today I was riding, mind you I just put in a new stator this afternoon, shut it off, and click click click....wouldnt start,im all WTF I just put in a new stator !! ! !!

So I put a new battery in my voltmeter, AFTER I put in a new stator from cycle salvage ($140.00) and it read @ 200m (on Ohms) .4-.5 I heard this was a correct reading for a good stator......Tocheck this, I simply disconected the connector at the end of the stator wire, put my volt meter to ohms (200m), and put the negative/positve on all of the yellow wires coming from the stator(it doesnt matter which order or yellow wires the neg/pos ones touch....now if it reads between .3-.6 then thats GOOD, ifit reads 0.00 thats bad, meaning you have an open circuit...

I tried this on my "old" stator, and well....F**K, i shoulda put new batteries inmy volt meter before I spent 140 F*kn dollars on a stator, mine was perfectly fine......

...now my question is, IM assuming that my rectifier isbad??? because if my regulator was bad, my volt meter (when hooked up to the batteries when the bike is running) would read17+vlts correct?meaning its not "regulating the power down to around 13.8-14 where it should be.....

Moral of the story..

-WHATS WRONG NOW

-I HAVE A F4i STATOR FOR SALE $100
Old 03-18-2007, 01:58 AM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01 F4i Stator Update ! ! ! good info......

WELL ****......

I just wasted 140 on a stator
I just wasted 119 on a rectifier/regulator...

Bottom line, MY ORIGINAL **** WORKED !

what was wrong???? wellllllllll........the black connector coming from my original rectifier regulator was NOT plugged in, must of got unplugged from coming down off a whoolie? yes, im pissed, I shoulda taken a closer look at my connections before I went out and bought 250 worth of **** I dont need ......also

F** cycle salvage for not taking back my ****.......

so....

now I have (see above for sale).....

Moral off all this thread posting, my **** wont stay running, is my stator bad, what the f*K is wrong with my bike ****?........CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS BEFORE YOU GO AND START BUYING SHEYT! !

my lesson learned....