600RRRetarted!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
600RRRetarted!

Alright so here's the deal. My friend has a 600RR. He crashed it/ layed it over. Nothing really wrong with it cept couple scratches here and there. There was a little scratch in the stator cover so he got a new one. He took the old cover off and put the new one on and now the bike will not start. He brought it to my garage so i could look at it. First thing i did was check all the fuse's. Then i took the cover off just to see if he missed any bolts. He claims he didnt touch anything electrical or plugs but i checked them all anyway. The bike cranks but it's like no spark. I figured someone on here would know if it's just something silly that these bikes do. I figured id post on here b4 i waist any time on it too. Thanks - Ross
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 600RRRetarted!

you gotta be kidding me... noone. *sigh*
Old 03-16-2007, 02:31 AM

Double r -D- is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the fuel pump come on?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:59 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by Double r -D-
Does the fuel pump come on?
+1

also, have you checked the wires around the kickstand?

not sure if its the same on a rr but here we go...

1. check around the fuse box(under the seat...around/top of the battery) and make sure that all the wires are connected.
2. make sure the relays are good...on an f4i, their attached to the rightside of the subframe....under the tail...(see if they click when you turn the killswitch on/off)

Last edited by DirtyToes; 03-16-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Group Moderator

fuel pump does not come on... i pulled the tip over censor cause when you try and start it, it cranks but wont start. and you hear this loud clicking sound from the tip over censor.

I tried to reset the computer. Tried to reset the fuel pump. I was told to turn the key on and off twice and it resets the fuel pump. first 600rr ive worked on so i dunno... lights and everything else comes on/works

any idea's???

Last edited by StrictlyStunt; 04-14-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Double r -D- is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you run a jump wire to bypass tip sensor?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator

still no start.... i think fuel pump is shot
Old 04-22-2007, 03:02 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Tip Over Sensor