F4i fuel pump wont prime

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:05 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F4i fuel pump wont prime

Originally Posted by old man roger
first check to see if there is power to the relay
well it clicks when i turn the key on
Old 02-14-2007, 04:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Bad fuel pump.. Very common on F4i's and 929's
Old 02-14-2007, 04:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yea i told him that a couple hours ago when he checked it with the batt but he doesn't want to admit it to himself that he needs a new pump
Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

They're cheap.. Why not? Just swap it.. Worst case you'll have a spare for when it does go bad
Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
well it clicks when i turn the key on
so the relay has power and there is no power to the plug at the pump ?

if true then just grab one of the other relays on the bike and put that relay on some thing you know works and see if it still does and then you will know if the relay is bad
Old 02-14-2007, 04:21 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

yea i told him that a couple hours ago when he checked it with the batt but he doesn't want to admit it to himself that he needs a new pump
ya i have no problem buying a new pump im just afraid taht wont cure it
Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

ya i have no problem buying a new pump im just afraid taht wont cure it
It will. And if for some reason it doesnt..... You got a bad computer.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:26 PM

alright im watching one right now. but it's just that the pump worked perfect till i took it off then put it back on 3 weeks later and it won't go the very first try?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM

alright im watching one right now. but it's just that the pump worked perfect till i took it off then put it back on 3 weeks later and it won't go the very first try?
I've had the exact same thing happen on more than one occassion.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:36 PM

alright thanks. just i had a buddy that would let me borrow his tank or just pump
Old 02-14-2007, 04:38 PM

It'll fix it. I have about 4 bad fuel pumps sitting here. It's normal on Hondas for some reason.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 PM
also known as OMR

alright thanks. just i had a buddy that would let me borrow his tank or just pump
after all this and now you say you could have just plugged in another one to check if that was the problem
Old 02-14-2007, 04:42 PM

after all this and now you say you could have just plugged in another one to check if that was the problem
n o don't...i meant to say i WISH i had a buddy with parts but i don't
Old 02-14-2007, 04:43 PM
also known as OMR

i don't believe you ..........lol
Old 02-14-2007, 04:49 PM

you shut ur mouth when ur talking to me
Old 02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
also known as OMR

lol....
Old 02-14-2007, 11:50 PM

RealHimura is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is hillarious. Jesus ****, Wheeliest cracked me up when he adviced to stare and not focus... I know what you mean Wheeliest, but it just made me laugh to think of the guy concentrating in front of his dead bike "stare, donīt focus, stare, donīt focus" oh my...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by RealHimura
This thread is hillarious. Jesus ****, Wheeliest cracked me up when he adviced to stare and not focus... I know what you mean Wheeliest, but it just made me laugh to think of the guy concentrating in front of his dead bike "stare, donīt focus, stare, donīt focus" oh my...
yup it's just ******* hilarious isn't it
Old 02-15-2007, 09:53 AM

Alright here is the update turns out wheeliest ahs the big brain cuz i manually grounded the pump like he said and it took off...FUEL PUMP IS GOOD. and like you said rodge i put the clip of the test light on the neg and poked around in the plug on the harness and NOTHING. then i switched the relays and still nothing
Old 02-15-2007, 01:35 PM
also known as OMR

no that means i was wrong ....i think wheeliest said if grounding the pump worked then it means a switch is bad either the tip over or the kick stand or some thing like that ......

you probably pulled a wire loose when you took it apart so if all your switches are bypassed then i would check all of the connections ....

pm wheeliest to make sure ,cause he also mentioned the diode in the ignition.....

Quick Reply: F4i fuel pump wont prime