F4i fuel pump wont prime

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i fuel pump wont prime

check my edit check both sides of the plug like that with the clip on the neg of the batt
Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

i know it has to be something simple and stupid

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
check my edit check both sides of the plug like that with the clip on the neg of the batt
did and still nothing
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

check your kickstand switch.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

is you batt dead..if not tap on the relay with a screw driver or some thing small and turn the key on and off at the same time while the pump is plugged in
Old 02-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
check your kickstand switch.
its bypassed. but even if taht was it wouldn't the pump get power?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:28 PM
also known as OMR

dude i wish you lived close .this is just a big lack of communication......

im going out for a smoke........lol
Old 02-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

double check your kickstand switch and clutch switch
Old 02-14-2007, 03:30 PM

is you batt dead..if not tap on the relay with a screw driver or some thing small and turn the key on and off at the same time
well like i said i hit the started and it cranked but only like twice so i put the batt on the charger...but it can't take that much power to power the pump for 2 seconds
Old 02-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
double check your kickstand switch and clutch switch
clutch is good i already checked that i'll check kickstand switch you think the wires came apart?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:32 PM
also known as OMR

if the batt is too low it wont send the signal to prime the pump....
Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i think double checking is a good thing, just sorta sit there n stare. don't focus just stare and think of what u took appart/cleaned/moved that could effect any connection
Old 02-14-2007, 03:35 PM

if the batt is too low it wont send the signal to prime the pump....
ahhh well hopefully it is that simple
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM
also known as OMR

wheeliest correct me if im wrong here , but if he grounds the test light on the neg side of the batt , and puts the probe side on the hot side of the plug , and turns on the key , assuming all the switches like the kick stand and clutch and tip over are all by passed correctly and the bike is in nuertal so it doesnt run him over ,,,,,,shouldnt he get a completed circuit ?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Scrapes Elbow

any neg spot, doesn't have to be off the battery.. but yes, it should lite ur test light up.. ima man of the spark test test lights are trendy
Old 02-14-2007, 03:51 PM

go i guess i triple check my switches again cuz im not gettin power there
Old 02-14-2007, 03:52 PM
also known as OMR

haha yea and you like to replace fuses too....

so after that he should test his relay well fuse first then relay
Old 02-14-2007, 03:55 PM

all fuses are good
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM

how do you test relays?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
also known as OMR

first check to see if there is power to the relay then if there is try like i said tapping on it with a screw driver ,if that makes the pump come on then you need one ....if not you can just swap it with another one to see if that works cause im not even gonna go thru trying to teach you that without being able to just show you first hand

Quick Reply: F4i fuel pump wont prime