F4i fuel pump wont prime

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: F4i fuel pump wont prime

there is a resistor in the ignition that could have burned out, the ignition sends 7volts to the ecu, if that resistor burns up... no primey
Old 02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

power to the plug at the pump means every thing up to there is working.......
Old 02-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

how many wires goto the tank?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by old man roger
power to the plug at the pump means every thing up to there is working.......
you have to Remember, honda relys on GROUNDS for they're switches...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:11 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
how many wires goto the tank?
there was 3 a brown, brown with white stripe(i think) and a green. the green has been cut and if folded back and electrical taped. been like that since i got the bike
Old 02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok but he plugged the pump directly to the +- on the battery so he has a dead pump ...unless he didn't get a good connection.....
Old 02-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
there was 3 a brown, brown with white stripe(i think) and a green. the green has been cut and if folded back and electrical taped. been like that since i got the bike
prolly the level sensor, ok since the pump ecu wont ground the pump unless its supplied 7 volts from the ignition, try running your own GROUND to the fuel pump.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

ok but he plugged the pump directly to the +- on the battery so he has a dead pump ...unless he didn't get a good connection.....
ya the pump didn 't do anything when i did that
Old 02-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Scrapes Elbow

are you sure u did it right? how many times have you primed it while it was out of gas?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:14 PM
also known as OMR

Old 02-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

the fuel pump relys on gas as its lube...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:16 PM

altight i don't have a volt meter but i stuck my test light inside the pump plug on the harness whe clip on one prong and the poker on the other and nothing. but when i put the clip on the + on the battery then touch the third prong in the plug it lights up, but that dosen't mean **** does it since both the engine and harness are grounded that just means it's making a circuit? right?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM

the fuel pump relys on gas as its lube...
right and if you run one with out gas it will burn up the pump. but i have never ran out of gas in my bike or primed it just for fun on an empty tank
Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 PM

enjoy
Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 PM
also known as OMR

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh i knew he didn't check to see if there was power at the plug...............................
Old 02-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

run your own ground to the pump.. there is power

oh wait, so no power at the plug?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 PM

run your own ground to the pump..
which wire on the pump is the ground? and what is taht gonna change if the harness isn't delivering power that far
Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
altight i don't have a volt meter but i stuck my test light inside the pump plug on the harness whe clip on one prong and the poker on the other and nothing. but when i put the clip on the + on the battery then touch the third prong in the plug it lights up, but that dosen't mean **** does it since both the engine and harness are grounded that just means it's making a circuit? right?
do it again with the probe on one side and the clip on the other and then turn the key on and make sure you kill switch is on,and then tell us what happens....

then do it with the clip on the neg side or the batt
Old 02-14-2007, 03:22 PM

do it again with the probe on one side and the clip on the other and then turn the key on and make sure you kill switch is on,and then tell us what happens....
already did that and didn't change anything
Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM

then do it with the clip on the neg side or the batt
didn't do anything with the clip on the neg side either

Quick Reply: F4i fuel pump wont prime