F4i fuel pump wont prime

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:58 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: F4i fuel pump wont prime

^ women r evil
Old 02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

chris, what voltage do you get at the fuel pump plug?

and a good way to test the fuel pump is a battery charger and 2 paper clips

and nobody mentioned the kill side switch yet, those things go all the time
Old 02-14-2007, 02:23 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

alright just got back. it ISNT the tip sensor.

pump will still not prime. i tested it again on a 9v battery and still nothing. however i hit the starter button while the key was on just for the **** of it and the engine cranks even though the pump is lifeless
Old 02-14-2007, 02:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

go back and read this thread and try every thing we said .......

if it still doesn't work then you need a new pump
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

alright thanks. only thing i have left to do is tap the pump with a hammer. but if that dosen't do anything which im guessing it wont, what's the next guess one of the relays?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i told you, warm up the fuel pump with a bic lighter

put gauge cluster on to see if ur getting a fi code?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:50 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you read the thread you would see that we told you to see if you had power at the plug if you do then you dont need to check any thing else .................................................. ..
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
also known as OMR

the relay supplies power to the pump ................................read read read and then pay attention
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
i told you, warm up the fuel pump with a bic lighter

put gauge cluster on to see if ur getting a fi code?

don't have gauges
Old 02-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the relay supplies power to the pump ................................read read read and then pay attention
ummm i have been and nowhere in THIS thread does it say that the RELAY supplies power
Old 02-14-2007, 02:54 PM

if you read the thread you would see that we told you to see if you had power at the plug .................................................. ..
and again nowhere in this thread did anyone say this...i said i would check it and i did
Old 02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
also known as OMR

well if you checked it and there was power then why would you ask about the relay ?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
also known as OMR

hahaha im a real grump some times...
Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM

well if you checked it and there was power then why would you ask about the relay ?
just info i had gathered this morning while i was searching for solutions. i didn't know the power went to the relay first
Old 02-14-2007, 02:57 PM
also known as OMR

yea i assumed you knew what the relay did ,my bad
Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

relay is a fault switch basicly, a fuse switch
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

my gixxer did the same thing.
it was in my ignition(if that helps any)
Old 02-14-2007, 03:04 PM

awesome one more to check...how di i check the ignition?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Scrapes Elbow

it gives the pink wire 7ish volts
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
also known as OMR

if you have power to the plug there is no reason to check any thing else....

Quick Reply: F4i fuel pump wont prime